Mk2 TT steering ECU on 2003 8p

Manni.singh

Reaction score
Hi guys, did a search and couldn't find the answer (sorry if its been asked and I didn't see it)
was wondering if a mk2 TT 2010 steering ecu would fit onto my 2003 a3?
my car has the old style 3spoke single stage steering wheel, and I'm looking to fit FBMFSW, I've read already about the airbag. But still looking to go ahead.
im guessing I would need a new slip ring too? Would the slip ring from the same TT also fit on my car?

the TT is 2010 2.0tdi 170 quotro
And my a3 is 2003 2.0tdi fwd
thanks

Cheers for that mate, had a read but can't seem to find the answer, I've read somewhere that to make the multi function work I'd need new ecu, and also new slip ring to get the FB to fit, I'm able to get a flat FBMFSW and the ecu and slip ring from a TT for very cheap so it's a deal I dnt really wanna pass up! Lol just need to know if I can just unplug the ecu and slipring from other car and just plug straight into mine

Ok we'll first thing is that you have a single stage airbag setup and the newer wheels are dual stage. There are some talks of modding wiring to get it to work but of course you can't test if it worked until you are in a crash
other than that to get mfsw to work in your car you need the steering control module 8P0 954 549 F and most probably the correct slip ring too. The steering module will need to be recoded and would need a steering angle sensor reset to work in your car but even then there is the possible issue with your airbag.

where abouts are you based?

Manni, in 09 the steering cu changed to a different version for 8P & TT, so doubt if it will work due to angle sensor changes, it will code & mfsw etc will work, but will screw up angle sensor & cant be calibrated, if its the module as per dates stated, but to be sure, please provide the steering cu part number.

Okay, right, I'm based in Milton Keynes, and have full VCDS, airbag wise I understands it's not 100% but I'm still willing to go ahead, where can I find the part number for this? Sorry I'm not the best with these things llol.
so if i was to take off the FBMFSW, the ecu, and slip ring, off the TT, and put that onto mine, it would work, however steering angle sensor wouldn't work? So what effect would this do? And what if I'm able to get the sensor off the same car? Would that work? Or do I have to purchase new one? How much would it be?

no dont use the steering controller from the TT.
Use the recommended A3 parts which will work with your A3 and then just put the TT wheel on your car. I have a TTRS Flat bottom on mine and the only part from the TT i have is the actual wheel. everything else related to it are A3 parts.
the steering control module that works with Multifunction wheels on the A3 is 8P0 954 549 F
the slip ring that goes with that is:
1K0 959 653 D

Get those parts on your car with the FBMFSW and it should all work fine once coded properly

Brilliant cheers for the help guys! How much am I looking at to get the ecu and slip ring? So I know if I'm gettin ripped off lol

The slip ring of the TT will work, the TT shares the same parts as the A3, just the steering cu will probably not be compatible due to the year of TT & the steering angle sensor, so you need the older version that works with the steering angle sensor currently built into steering column on yours.

I may have a module available, but its not cheap, the new price for these now is £180 from audi, so PM me for a price.

Okay brilliant cheers, when i get some money's ill carry out this mod

Really appreciate the quick responses and links guys, once I get bit more money's I will deffo get this done! Thanks alot