Removing front bumper

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know this has been covered and I have found a couple how to's but just have one question.

I want to take of my front bumper as the passenger headlight appears to be loose at the bottom. I don't have a problem doing this as I used to do it quite regularly on my golf.

However I don't want to upset the alignment of the bumper in any way when I put it back on. Do you think if I just take my time and follow the step by step guide I won't have a problem?

Thanks

justin

If its loose, then just lift bonnet & check the torx bolts are tight, 1 is on top in full view, other 2 are on left/right & down in a hole about 15-20 cm's using something like a T30-35 head bit, before removing bumper & you wont have a problem with shaping.

So I can tighten all of the bolts without removing bumper then?

That's kl I'll get on that, if I can open the bonnet that is!! Stupid cable! Although I've read up on it so got plenty to try!

I don't think I've ever heard of misalignment either but just want to make sure, it would just be my luck to ruin it! Ha ha

thanks guys

The bumper basically guides itself into position, dont need to worry too much about it :)

I think I'll see if I can tighten the light up without the bumper off but feel more reassured if I do have to take it off