APR 2.0T TSI (anno 2008+) K04 Turbo upgrade

A3SBQ

A3 SportBack 2TFSI quattro DSG
Reaction score
Hi.
Have been reading about the APR turbo upgrade for the 2.0T TSI "chain driven timing"
It seams that the latest E888 lump is a beast when the right hw is installed.

APR 2.0 TSI Transverse S3/Golf R K04 Conversion System

It even comes as a stage 3 producing over 400hp. That is just crazy!

Anyone here installed it?
Ever since I received the new engine i have wanted this.

On that engine a modified K04 should just about produce those numbers as the stock K04 on an S3 will produce 360-370 bhp.

It's nice to see kits being produced for this engine but don't forget that the S3/Golf R is capable of well over 500bhp with the right parts.

Personally I would consider selling and buying an S3 as the APR kit is getting up there in price.

Or look at buying the OEM parts seperately which should be under 1.5k GBP (OEM K04, S3 Injectors & DV relocation).

Hi guys.
Thanks for the replays.
First of all. Up here in Norway to upgrade to an S3 is £20k -25k more.
This is not going to happened. I have already forked up more then £50k for mine.
Norway has a BIG tax pollecy on cars, and it gets even more expensive when your hp is increased.
The RS3 coast alone more then £115k so you see it's not easy to get aproppet racer here

"JPK"
You might save some £100, but you still need to have the sw/map. This alone is £700 I think.
The engine in the S3 is not the same as mine. I have the new CCZA w/ chain driven timing.
Dont think the S3 injectors fits! Or am I wrong on this?
I think for your engine this wold comply but you engine also needs other changes to.
The beauty of tuning the E888 engine it only needs the turbo (and some other small bits) The fueling is al good. The hw is also stronger.

Should I "Do it" :rockwoot: