Glowplug error 3.2 v6

youstolemyname

Reaction score
Took my car in for a service and a few repairs. Had the bearing changed on rear right and the abs/ESP error lights started to kick in over 60mph so back to the garage it went.

on the way there the emission control warning light activated too. Plugged in to vagcom on arrival and it said "glow plug error" both me and the mechanic were like....huh! It's a 3.2 v6 and not be mapped to my knowledge.

We took it for a spin to see what the abs/ESP error lights were for and got "too many errors" to read from sensor message so a new abs sensor is on its way.

When we got back to the garage there was smoke coming from under the bonnet :( and he reckons he could spot an oil leak. Any ideas what it could be?

Weirdly, it's been driving a bit like a turbo recently...picks up like mad at 2k revs don't know if its connected or not?

thanks for any help

Check if someone's put a TDi engine in :$ glow plugs and 2krpm turbo pickup hmmmm

Glowplug error in vcds and emission control system error light on. Unconnected but also ESP and ABS error lights on.

emission light came on after hard acceleration and like I say, smoke under bonnet after booting it with mechanic on test drive to read abs and other faults. Blown coil pack perhaps?

/edit can't remember actual error code but it was to do with glo plug temperature....

we need to known what the actual codes are, then can look at what's happening. At a guess, leaky breather system is causing an air leak which is why there is smoke and an air leak causing running problems.

Rick