Picked up my a3 on Saturday...

J17_KNO

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

So I picked up my 170 s line Quattro a3 on Saturday from Liverpool (it's a long drive back to Aberdeen!).

Very very happy with it, wouldn't say it's a massive difference power wise from my 130 golf but that's not really why I bought it, I bought for the better handling, which really is superb.

So i have been reading through the forum and topics on VCDS caught my eye. Glad it did because I never even realised there was a DIS menu!

I do have a question about this though and what I've read. The way I understand it is that there are sub menus that can be enabled with VCDS, for example a convenience menu controlling come home lights duration etc. is this true? I'm guessing this would be limited to the spec of the car itself?

Because I will be going to someone with VCDS (friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing) I pretty much want to be able to enable everything that I can/would want in the one go rather than constantly bothering him to get stuff done, so want to gather as much info as possible before I go.

How about buying VCDS itself? Recommended for someone who is not bad but has no patience with computers?

Thanks

justin

How about buying VCDS itself? Recommended for someone who is not bad but has no patience with computers?

As a genuine seller of the vcds system, but mostly said as a user, you'll walk it tbh mate.

I have, by their own admission, had people buy vcds who have honestly said they're computer illiterate, not had one come back & have issues using the system at all.

Comes down to some simple rules, always scan the car on 1st use so you have all the original coding & make notes of what coding was before you changed, so you can revert back.

As for worthwhile, damn right it is, worth every penny & thousands more, use mine every day, it has saved me untold in time, money etc.

How much are you seeking the VCDS system for?

So is it as simple as making a note of the original code and if anything goes wrong just change it back to the original?

Yes in most cases its that simple, logic & common sense usually governs, dont change things you dont know what it will do.

Yes in most cases its that simple, logic & common sense usually governs, dont change things you dont know what it will do.

As someone who has bought a cable off NHN recently and fitted and coded a BT module to my car(First time user)and it worked!!, it is just using common sense and scan before you use.

As a genuine seller of the vcds system, but mostly said as a user, you'll walk it tbh mate.

I have, by their own admission, had people buy vcds who have honestly said they're computer illiterate, not had one come back & have issues using the system at all.

Comes down to some simple rules, always scan the car on 1st use so you have all the original coding & make notes of what coding was before you changed, so you can revert back.

As for worthwhile, damn right it is, worth every penny & thousands more, use mine every day, it has saved me untold in time, money etc.

+1.

Not long back I bought a VCDS cable from NHN and it has helped me out loads and saved me quite a bit of £££ as well.

Surprised you think the 170 is no quicker than a 130 Golf...:unsure:

I've owned VCDS for around 9 years. IMHO it's a must have...