Volks AutosEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Picked up my a3 on Saturday...

Good afternoon everyone,

So I picked up my 170 s line Quattro a3 on Saturday from Liverpool (it's a long drive back to Aberdeen!).

Very very happy with it, wouldn't say it's a massive difference power wise from my 130 golf but that's not really why I bought it, I bought for the better handling, which really is superb.

So i have been reading through the forum and topics on VCDS caught my eye. Glad it did because I never even realised there was a DIS menu!

I do have a question about this though and what I've read. The way I understand it is that there are sub menus that can be enabled with VCDS, for example a convenience menu controlling come home lights duration etc. is this true? I'm guessing this would be limited to the spec of the car itself?

Because I will be going to someone with VCDS (friend of a friend of a friend kind of thing) I pretty much want to be able to enable everything that I can/would want in the one go rather than constantly bothering him to get stuff done, so want to gather as much info as possible before I go.

How about buying VCDS itself? Recommended for someone who is not bad but has no patience with computers?

Thanks

justin

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J17_KNO View Post
    How about buying VCDS itself? Recommended for someone who is not bad but has no patience with computers?
    As a genuine seller of the vcds system, but mostly said as a user, you'll walk it tbh mate.

I have, by their own admission, had people buy vcds who have honestly said they're computer illiterate, not had one come back & have issues using the system at all.

Comes down to some simple rules, always scan the car on 1st use so you have all the original coding & make notes of what coding was before you changed, so you can revert back.

As for worthwhile, damn right it is, worth every penny & thousands more, use mine every day, it has saved me untold in time, money etc.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    How much are you seeking the VCDS system for?

So is it as simple as making a note of the original code and if anything goes wrong just change it back to the original?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes in most cases its that simple, logic & common sense usually governs, dont change things you dont know what it will do.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Yes in most cases its that simple, logic & common sense usually governs, dont change things you dont know what it will do.
    As someone who has bought a cable off NHN recently and fitted and coded a BT module to my car(First time user)and it worked!!, it is just using common sense and scan before you use.

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    As a genuine seller of the vcds system, but mostly said as a user, you'll walk it tbh mate.

I have, by their own admission, had people buy vcds who have honestly said they're computer illiterate, not had one come back & have issues using the system at all.

Comes down to some simple rules, always scan the car on 1st use so you have all the original coding & make notes of what coding was before you changed, so you can revert back.

As for worthwhile, damn right it is, worth every penny & thousands more, use mine every day, it has saved me untold in time, money etc.
    +1.

Not long back I bought a VCDS cable from NHN and it has helped me out loads and saved me quite a bit of £££ as well.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    Surprised you think the 170 is no quicker than a 130 Golf...

I've owned VCDS for around 9 years. IMHO it's a must have...