Purchased a 2.0FSI Sportback about a month ago at a decent price, and I'm absolutely loving it! Only just got around to taking some pictures, hardly a decent photographer though! I need to give it a wash soon, so I'll probably post daytime pics after it's looking a bit cleaner.
I'm looking to go down the route of small inexpensive mods right now, nothing too flashy, but things which will improve the look of the car. Later on, when funds look a bit better, then I have some other mods that I want to do.
I'll post the cost of these mods too, mainly as a reference for myself to see how much I've spent!
I changed all the interior lights for LEDs. So, Glove box, footwell lights, map and dome lights, vanity lights and boot light.
I have to say, these LEDs are fantastic! And the prices were so reasonable. In fact, I plan to order some more to do my dads car!
Really straightforward mod, but it's made a noticeable improvement.
I also changed the number plate lights for LEDs, also changed those terrible screws Audi use for the light housing.
Next, the headlights! I got a set of LED 501 wedges, and then 2 sets of Xtec super white h7's. I wasn't too sure which were the best, and these were pretty cheap, so I gave them a shot.
The sidelights by themselves
Dipped and Main beam
- Pressed Plates: My number plates are looking quite faded, so a good time to change them.
- Cruise Control: Thinking about this as I do quite a bit of motorway driving.
- Foglights: I'm undecided about whether to go for white or yellow fogs. I do use them so they would have to be functional. Otherwise I'd consider changing them for LEDs.
- Sound System: I want to upgrade the HU, and change the stock sub out for a better one. I already have a sub and a HU from my old car, but considering getting a better one. Touch screen is not important, but one that looks like it belongs in an A3 would be nice.
- MFSW: Really want one of these, not fussed about flat bottom, standard one will do. Again, I'll have to save up for this.
- OEM Xenon: This is one that I'd really like, but probably won't bother with. I can't really justify the cost, it may be better to just look for it when the time comes to change car. And a HID kit sounds a bit too dodgy to consider (although I've seen a few A3s with them around my area and they don't look bad, it's usually the Corsas that dazzle other drivers