Help! Which Tyres? Goodyear Eagle F1s, Conti Sport Contact 5s or Michelin PS2s???

Markcoop

Reaction score
Hi there,

So I need a new set of 4 tyres on my S3, currently has the Continental Sport Contact 2's I bought it with. Thinking of going with the Goodyear Eagle F1's as the reviews seem good, but then again so are the reviews for the other 2! What would you go with and why?

Thanks in advance...

M

Hi there,

So I need a new set of 4 tyres on my S3, currently has the Continental Sport Contact 2's I bought it with. Thinking of going with the Goodyear Eagle F1's as the reviews seem good, but then again so are the reviews for the other 2! What would you go with and why?

Thanks in advance...

M

Welcome to the forum! :) I know what you mean about there being lots of differing opinions. Of course, your question will probably be answered by ... you guessed it ... lots of differing opinions! :)

I'm going to have to replace all four of mine by MOT time this July, as I've got 4 completely different brands on mine courtesy of the previous owner, and they're getting close to a 4mm wear difference diagonally. I was planning to go with the F1 asyms or PS3's.

I have been using Good Year Eagle F1 Asy 2 and they are top-notch.

I managed to get 20,000 miles out of CSC2s so have just has CSC5s fitted. (£518 via Black Circles)

Had F1s fitted before and got about 13,000 out of them IIRC and they didn't seem to perform any better than the Continentals.

Ran 3 sets of F1s on the last S3, excellent alrounder but fronts only saw 10K miles.

Have just replaced Bridgestione RE050s fronts with F1s.

£247 fitted for the pair.

I'm changing to F1s when my current PS3s are done as they're just too ****** noisey. Performance is on par from what I remember of the F1s.

Got Eagle F1 GSD3 on both my Audi and the MGF and I cannot fault them.

Its like driving on velcro; wet or dry! (very good in the snow too, not been stuck yet in 4 to 6 in of snow!)

15,000 fronts at least on Audi, 20,000 on rear of MGF.. (it does have the Lotus engine so is driven rather spiritedly! ;o) )