Rear washer not working

tr1ck

Reaction score
I have a 56 plate 2.0 tdi 170, the rear washer doesn't work. You can hear the washer motor work but no water on the rear screen.
Anyone suffered from this before? I'm guessing blocked pipe or a pipe off somewhere? But I can't find any wet patches inside the car.
any help? Thanks

Its the washer jet. Search for threads as this was only discussed a couple of days ago.

Need to remove the cover and washer jet then soak in vinegar for a day or 2 and wash properly

Search the forum, its been discussed a hell of allot.

For the record, remove the black plastic jet push on part, on the rear wiper nipple by the glass & see if the water comes out then, if so then the jets are blocked, just use a needle to unblock, if not then could be the pipes come of, any water in the boot or on the boot lid trip bottom?

Last edited:
Can't see any water in the boot or boot lid. Will have a good look at the jets tomorrow then.

Can't see any water in the boot or boot lid. Will have a good look at the jets tomorrow then.

Please search!! It's a common fault.... Will either be th pipe between the car and the tailgate, or th washer through the motor. The water will be going somewhere it shouldn't be!

Check it quick and sort the blockage out before you have a wet and faulty rear wiper motor cause then its an £80 repair.

Had a quick check this morning. Took the jet off and worked the washer and the water shoots out! New jet it is

Just out a needle through it, will unblock it, saves the hassle of going to dealer.

I saw someone mentioned soaking in vinegar. Giving that a go then will have a good clean out with a pin and try

No point with vinegar tbh, just use a needle, 1 minute later unblocked :)