What Fog lights/Lamps do I need?

blodderz

Reaction score
Irecently bought an A3 2.0TDI that came with the S3 kit. There were no fog lights fitted although there was one in the boot which I was told just needed fitting and I just needed to order another one. Anyway popped the bumper off today and the fog light that came with the car wont fit. Below is a photo of the fog light that I have got, I believe it is the wrong one? Could someone point me in the correct direction for which fog lights I need?

Thanks,
Andy

Blodderz

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats an 8L one, i assume the 8p is different?

That piccy is identicle to the ones fitted to my non s3 8L bumper.

Thought that was possibly the case but just wanted some clarification. off to hunt on eBay for some 8P ones we go :)

Stuck already, found 2 different types of 8P fog lights, some are a circular fog light and some have a flat bottom. Can anyone shed some light?

This is what my front end looks like
Blodderz 2

Last edited by a moderator:
You need H11 fogs for S3 and S-Line bumpers

That looks like an 8P sport foglight? The flat bit at the top. But as mentioned you need the S-Line or S3 ones which are slightly different, also you may need the plugs.

IMG_0649.jpg

Do you have a photo or part number for the ones I need? I have no idea what I'm looking for and need to order some ASAP!

Thanks
-Andy

Sport has the flat edge & the Sline/S3 has the round type, the Sport ones have a different connector/wiring to the sline/s3 ones, so if yours was a sport before, it needs rewiring to suit.

Brilliant thank you very much JPK, got a brand new pair ordered for £44 from that link. Cheers NHN mine is an S-Line originally so won't need new wiring blocks :) thank god ha.

If yours is the flat edge early s-lines, then that looks fine.

Ok, thanks. Yes it is an early S line with the same bumper as one above.