rear seats soaking wet

dancupra225

Reaction score
went out tonite and pick up some friends up and one shouted my *** is soaking wet pull over and the rear seats are soaking!!!

how can this happen??
the rear bit of boot isnt wet just cant work out where it is coming from???

anyone else had this problem??

What age and model of car? Number of doors, etc, etc

as its in the 8p section

Not helping yourself with that reply, diesel or petrol, engine, year, 3 or 5dr, etc etc all these things are relevant, so for future reference, please provide the info :)

Assume its water, any water stains or wetness in the headlining?

Wasn't being funny,

2.0 tdi 140bhp

Rear headlining is dry just the Rear seats both sides just really strange

Ok so its just the sides or the whole bench is soaked?

Is there any signs of water ingress around the door openings?

Has it been raining where you are?

Not being funny, but are you sure your guests didn't pee themselves?

Reactions: RYes3
Given how late this was posted, maybe it was, urggghhh, the thought of it.

No all sober its water as took the seat out only pláče i can see water from.boot so going get someone to spray water on Rear on car later

My gf had something like this where the rear footwell would be wet after it rained and turned out that her rear brake light was not fitted on tightly enough and water was leaking in through there and soaking the back of the car

Going to check.everything today get the problem really bad Hate things i cant find

It could be rubber seals around the windows..maybe.

Did your mates have any bottled water with them? If so, they could be having a laugh at your expense, and they poured water onto the seats.

My gf had something like this where the rear footwell would be wet after it rained and turned out that her rear brake light was not fitted on tightly enough and water was leaking in through there and soaking the back of the car

I had a similar thing with an old Renault hatchback. Water ingress through duff seals running along the floor of the hatchback, down behind the seats to the footwell. Worth checking the rear and tire well, as well as the footwell for dampness.

Well took seats out use my water sucker mother has worked well

Dry it all out by the heater over night seems to be fine hopefully leak is no.more

Sorry about other post im dyslexic i miss words out alot

Last edited:
Well took seat out used my water sucker so much check the boot seem who did spray work has put few thibgs back properly so ive done what i can and go from.there

I've highlighted the bits of your post that I didn't understand in bold text.

does the rear screen washer work with the same pressure it previously has? if not, the pipe may be split or disconnected - leaking water into the interior. Failing that my money's on a rear light cluster leaking.

Well washed her today no.leaks using pressure washer so.looks like fixed the problém