Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    CEO

Status

1.6 FSI - Fuel Consumption/Economy 'Device' Remap/Tune

As title I would appreciate if anybody could help me with a remap (if called) for fuel consumption/economy gain.

As its a 1.6 I'm not really looking to gain any Power/BHP and really care more about my MPG's lol, as I'm a student. Currently with really careful driving the 1.6 is returning about 38-42 MPG (summer seems to be more). I have never done any sort of ECU Remapping and have no idea how to perform a Eco Tune (I'm in London btw).

I have seen a couple of "Devices" (Sorry no idea what they call it) > Link that claim to increase fuel economy!

Could anybody give me more details probably a link too, on which one of these 'Devices' are best to use and whether it is safe, also do these really increase MPG?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    To be honest I would never bother with a remap on a non turbo car unless you have several engine modifications or have a big engine as the gains on your car would be very small and you would probably struggle to feel the difference and you would be lucky to get any economy gain and probably not enough to pay for the remap

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Craig View Post
    To be honest I would never bother with a remap on a non turbo car unless you have several engine modifications or have a big engine as the gains on your car would be very small and you would probably struggle to feel the difference and you would be lucky to get any economy gain and probably not enough to pay for the remap
    +1 on this unfortunately.

I don't think the mpg figures you've stated are that bad but if you solely want economy over performance, sell up and get a diesel.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

5th Gear

Status
    Just make sure the tyre pressures are right, When was it last serviced ? is it on long life service ?

CEO

Status
    damn, thanks guys, Yep the MPG isn't that bad but was hoping a remap would give out better results.

Thanks for the help

Neutral

Status
    Your device there is basically a resistor that fools the engine into thinking the inlet air is colder than it actually. I'd avoid anything that goes into the IAT sensor. This is neither Map nor chip.

As prevoiusly advised keeping your tyre pressure correct, engine regularly serviced and a light right boot is the best way to improve your MPG.

CEO

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NKenny View Post
    Your device there is basically a resistor that fools the engine into thinking the inlet air is colder than it actually. I'd avoid anything that goes into the IAT sensor. This is neither Map nor chip.

As prevoiusly advised keeping your tyre pressure correct, engine regularly serviced and a light right boot is the best way to improve your MPG.
    Thanks for that, now i know what these things actually plan to do , :D