Fitting number plate and interior LEDs to a 2004 sportback? error free?

FJ0372

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to replace my interior and number plate lights with LEDs on my 2004 Audi A3 sportback, absolutely all of them (car has the lights package if that makes any difference). Was wondering if I could just buy regular LEDs for all of this or whether I would need error free type LEDs? especially for the number plate lights, as I have seen at least the newer sportbacks have lots of canbus issues with led number plate lights?

The reason I ask is because all of the lights look exactly the same as those in my 8L S3 (other than the footwell ones that weren't available back then) so hoping I don't need to shell out extra for lots of canbus stuff.

Cheers in advance for all helpful replies.

Give T8ups a shout he does the kits for these.

Give T8ups a shout he does the kits for these.

T8ups can you give me a quote on the full kit please?

Also can anyone confirm whether a 2004 sportback has the "dumber" light situation like an 8L or will it have a canbus system meaning I'd need error free type LEDs?

T8ups can you give me a quote on the full kit please?

Also can anyone confirm whether a 2004 sportback has the "dumber" light situation like an 8L or will it have a canbus system meaning I'd need error free type LEDs?

The 8P is not as dumb as the 8L. It uses canbus and you need error free. PM T8ups as suggested.