Front grill S-Line badge

Audi27

Reaction score
What are the view's on having the S-line badge on the front grill on the S-line 8p3? Better with or without?

Brought one had it on for a while but I have taken it off now, can't decide if it looks better with or without. Personally I did prefer it with but now I've converted to a black grill I have taken it off.

Put one on my grill last week and personally I think it looks better.

IMG 20121015 00151 1

This is what mine looked like pre black grill. Apologies for the shocking picture! If anything seem's too cheap (plasticy), Does anyone know if there is a OEM part number for one? Decent one that doesn't look like a fleabay cheap replica.

Guys,

I've just bought a black optics grille to put onto my facelift A3.

It came with a S3 badge on it (pn 8P0 853 736 A). Does anyone have the part number for the S-Line badge so I can change it out.

Officially there isn't one Tinners. Audi stopped putting the S-Line badges on the S-Lines when they facelifted (8P3).

Obviously, it can be done as Audi27 has done so :)

yep can be done

grille1.jpg

N8 showed me the way

Last edited:
Tinners I got mine off ebay, read some reviews and as you can see looks legit for 4.99!. Think from Audi they charge around £20 but I'm not sure of the part number. Pretty sure someone has mentioned the part number on this forum somewhere.

Just what I want to do - anyone got the part number?

Was also considering putting one on the back - comments

These are the part number's and quotes I got from Stoke Audi:

S-Line grill badge: 4F0-853-736-B-2ZZ £19.72

Clamp Clips: 8L0 807 180 £1.93 for the pair

Personally i wouldn't put an s-line badge on the back, I'm looking to debadge the back when I get the time. I haven't so far because I 'm to nervous about f@$£ing it up!

Reactions: Phil-1

Personally i wouldn't put an s-line badge on the back, I'm looking to debadge the back when I get the time. I haven't so far because I 'm to nervous about f@$£ing it up!

Hi, how much is this grill? will it fit a 2006 s-line A3?

Thanks for that - take your point re putting a badge on the back

I'm looking to debadge the back when I get the time. I haven't so far because I 'm to nervous about f@$£ing it up!

Bought mine today - will fit when it stops snowing !!!!

Regarding de-badging - I recently de-badged both my Mercs and had no problems, I used a plastic spatular and they came off okay. The only thing is sometimes they can leave a small mark in the laquer, but this can usually be compounded out - good luck!!

Malcolm

To Audi27, debadging seems scary but if you take your time, its pretty simple.
I used the mrs hairdryer and some dental floss believe it or not, the used some wd40 to remove the sticky bits left on.

As for the S line badge on the front, I like it, on the back, definetly a no no for me, keep it simple.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 373
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 350
Reactions: Audi27
Regards the de-badging I have read quite a few post's about other people doing it. All similar ways to be fair, either hair dryer or hot water, use dental floss then I think there's a few products you can buy to get the last bit of glue off. Ill have a go when it warmer i think

Yeah, probably a good idea to wait on some sun.
just watch if you use hot water, not to make it too hot, at least with the hairdryer you can direct it where you want.
you could use Autoglym bug & tar remover or Tardis ( I think its called ) but its quite expensive if you only use it once.
best of luck mate.

Your's looks decent at the back de-badged. But if it does the job right it's worth the money i suppose. Nice one for the help I will give it a go soon.

Reactions: Satnam
yep can be done

grille1.jpg

N8 showed me the way

Just bought the badge and clips - but cant see how the clips hold the badge onto the grille - I have the standard grille. Must be missing something !!

Advise gratefully recieved

Malcolm

Must have been having a "senior moment" badge now fitted :laugh:

Must have been having a "senior moment" badge now fitted :laugh:

I had the same problem to be fair, I had to chip away at the corner's of the badge at the back with a knife. Did the job though and glad you sorted.

glad you go there in the end :yes:

i have these spare now, should look to get rid of them

badges.jpg