Badger5EM Tuning
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: NEW - AS / AMD CAI

1st Gear

Status
    All the metal parts are at the powder coaters now, so fingers crossed they will be ready by the end of this week. Already got a fair amount of them coming in and going out straight away.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    hope one of them will randomly be sent directly to me:D
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Rarely neutral

Status

NEW - AS / AMD CAI

Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    hope one of them will randomly be sent directly to me:D
    And randomly fitted in matt black to mine. LOL

1st Gear

Status
    Well ive ordered mine anyway how exciting! Time for Autotech HPFP..and then oh clutch
    2009 S3 8P Phantom Black
    MODS : S3 Keyring

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    Wow really nice contrast and quality, I ordered mine in red against white should look great too or maybe try different colour like yellow?
    I think yellow would look the dogs, especially in a black edition Noob question: does the plastic engine top cover no longer fit, or has it been left off for clarity in the pics?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mephisto View Post
    Well ive ordered mine anyway how exciting! Time for Autotech HPFP..and then oh clutch
    Id personally do it other way around LOL! Unless you will drive around like miss Daisy:]

Now:

/ Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / BCS Powervalve TBE system / LOBA HPFP / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmo View Post
    I think yellow would look the dogs, especially in a black edition Noob question: does the plastic engine top cover no longer fit, or has it been left off for clarity in the pics?
    This has been brought up so many times and the answer is clear. Standard air filter is built in and has to be removed with the cover prior to fitting any CAI available on the market nowadays
    S3Alex likes this.

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    Helli Jimmo, yeah as RedDejavu has answered it wont fit, what you need is the following:

You need the 3 mounting point bolts and the new cover

V063 103 164 Ball Joint x1
    V06F 103 925 J Cover x1 (TTS Engine cover)
    VWHT 000 731 A Screw x2

Plus to finish it off alot of people add the R8 Oil filler Cap:

420 103 485 B

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by mephisto; 27th February 2013 at 11:50.
    KentKid and RedDejavu like this.
    2009 S3 8P Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status
    Ok look what's arrived from the courier, just off to collect my new Engine cover and go faster R8 Oil cap
    Last edited by mephisto; 27th February 2013 at 12:47.
    RedDejavu likes this.
    2009 S3 8P Phantom Black

1st Gear

Status
    Here go buddy as correctly advised by RedDejavu & mephisto it won't fit.

This is what I've got:

http://www.bks-tuning.com/epages/171...ducts/AUTTE034

Hope this helps!
    Ibis White RS3 - Black Satin Wheels - Black Styling Package -

1st Gear

Status
    Ok look what's arrived from the courier, just off to collect my new Engine cover and go faster R8 Oil cap

Loooking sweet mate! Where you gonna get the R8 cap from & how much is it bud?
    Ibis White RS3 - Black Satin Wheels - Black Styling Package -

Rarely neutral

Status
    Very nice...these have been selling like hotcakes by all accounts.

1st Gear

Status
    See my part numbers above, collecting it all from my friendly local loyal Audi stealer, no they're not loyal they're a bunch of ****s as they turned down my 8L on my anti corrosion respray claim in every pathetic detail possible, but im not bitter!

I think the R8 cap is about 25 stirlings and the cover n bolts about 80.
    2009 S3 8P Phantom Black

5th Gear

Status
    no heatshield on yours? Did you order it with or without it? Or maybe the black cold air scoop is what they mean by a heat shield? Confused now a bit:P
    Last edited by RedDejavu; 27th February 2013 at 13:15.

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    I thought the heatshield was the black plate there not heat shielding for the pipework?

******** fekin posty hasn't turned up with my hose clamp pliers yet arghhh. Want to fit it now!

EDIT: OK sorry posty he's been now. Hose clamp pliers delivered.
    Last edited by mephisto; 27th February 2013 at 14:04.
    2009 S3 8P Phantom Black

5th Gear

Status
    ah ok coz some call it cold air scoop makes sense now thanks mate!:]

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    It is a cold air scoop and heat sheild in one.

AmD Essex - West Thurrock, Essex 01708 861827- Open Mon-Sat. www.amdessex.com. 1000BHP 4WD Rolling Road-Workshop and Servicing- Mail Order- Chipping/Remapping from �299. Milltek- REVO - Mintex- Forge- SuperPro- KW - Weitec -Eibach- H&R- AP + more!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ben@amdessex View Post
    It is a cold air scoop and heat sheild in one.
    Nice one thanks Ben!

Now:

1st Gear

Status
    Ok so after a few schooboy errors like misplacing my 1/4 drive ratchet and 7mm socket before starting, having to buy a new one from halfords, then promptly dropping it down the back of the engine and having to jack the car up to retrieve it, i fitted my CAI.

Ive sorta thrown it in there for now as it was about 1 degree outside so i wasn't really up for hanging about and lining every jubilee clip up to perfection. Was pretty easy to fit bit of twisting about and perhaps easier on a warm day! The new engine cover and mounts can wait till tomorrow maybe if it's a bit warmer.

Anyway took it up the road for a quick spin and hmmm hello, for those of you still running standard air box, a noticeable level of induction/ turbo spin up on slight throttle, which seems to dissapear on 30%+ . I mean if you just nail the throttle it sounds more standard in overall noise.

But what i did notice was the top end, unless it's placebo which according to the graphs it isn't then it's certainly revving better, 4 5 6k it's feeling, well like it's breathing better, especially right at the top end. Love it! And really happy with the quality and build. All bolts and hoses very good quality, although interested to see the foam filter element is pipercross.

I took a pic of it fitted but looked crap so Ill take some more in daylight tomorrow if anyone wants shots in detail on the scoop mounting etc.

I took one of the mountain bracket if you're reading this in the morning Ben is this the right way, just the bracket seemed to interefere with the beading round the hole slightly, like the bracket should of been cut or radiused to fit? Pic below. Ill post some better pics of it being fitted and with TTS Cover on tomorrow.

2009 S3 8P Phantom Black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12