Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Tpi 2010289/3 ECU Update 3.2l v6

Hi everyone ,

My car has all the symptoms (hesitation @ 2k rpm, hunting at idle ) which seems to be cure by the ECU update . Unfortunately The Audi garage in Coventry is not ready to do the update as the car fault code direct them to the timing chains (no strange noises from the engine). And I was wondering if anyone had the update done in the midlands area.
    Or if anyone could advise on the best way to proceed to get the update done and stop my frustration ...

Many thanks
    Mall

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I did try with Stratford Audi but they weren't listening once it went beyond the "come in and let us diagnose" stage, its a shame independents dont have this software as they are the ones that care for customers with these sorts of needs, not the dealers
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Update on A3/TT 3.2 V6 software update: See this post

Reverse Gear

Status
    Did you havethe idle issue etc ?? Did you get your car sorted ?
    Seen in older pthred that someone might have his update sorted at Audi Northampton, so I email Audi Northampton with the update details and ask if they could do the update ... Waiting now ... Hopefully I get an email tomorrow saying 'yes ! We can' ....
    but not fully convinced ... We shall see ..

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    If you ask them to update it, they should do it regardless, as thats what they're there for, so unless its being looked at under goodwill, they're being paid to do a job & thats what they should do.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    I totally agree with you NHN but I booked my car last week stating that I wanted the update done , first they said that they had to do a diagnostic and investigate the problem , 4hrs later they said that I MAY be the chains but could not be sure . After a chat over the phone the chap took the update details I gave him and said that the cd update ref no was for an Audi A6 and could not find any update due for my car . Worth trying a different dealer and see their reply (as Northampton should have done the update already) ..
    its very disappointing that things like that is not picked up by the main dealer . Been searching for info on the update and tbh only this forum seems to give guidance ...

1st Gear

Status
    No never got it sorted, they just didn't bother in the end - I'll dig up a few things from here that helped me, if it helps you let me know I am also in the mids, I even told the dealer a few of us from here would come to them but it had no effect - its crazy sometimes.
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

1st Gear

Status
    Well a few old threads brought up some things:

3.2 software update - Portsmouth Audi

Northampton Audi did it, although they treated me like I didn't know what I was on about

I had it booked in for other work at the same time which probably helped as they were always gonna get some money out of me.

£56 for a 10min update but worth every penny, the other work was haldex oil and filter change and was only £20 labour!

Loads smoother, picks up loads better and getting an extra 30-50 miles out of a tank
    I tried the below template at Bham Audi - no luck my side, maybe you can try?

I have been made aware that there is a possible issue with the engine management system and that a software update for the ECU has been issued for this engine.

The TPI number is 2010289/3 (it also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs)

The SVM code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

I am aware of a variety of owners who have had this software updated on their cars, having read about them and been in contact with them via the www . audi-sport . net website.

Please see the attached link for confirmation if needed:

8p 3.2 owners please help, software update?? equivelent to vw 6463
    There is a variety of other sources for this information online.

I would like to have this update performed on my car as soon as possible.

I understand that it is a 30 minute job and costs about £50 - this would be acceptable.

Please contact me ASAP to arrange for the work to be carried out.
    Update info: The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - TPI 2010289/3
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

1st Gear

Status
    I made a file last year about this issue as it really annoyed me but I have lost it, or its somewhere...

Anyway some other bits:

A3 3.2 2004 missfire

A3 3.2 2004 missfire

If memory serves me correctly there is an ECU update for 3.2's that tackles the issues you mentioned, details are:

The TPI number is 2010289/3 (it is also worded gearbox judder poor acceleration when changing gears at high revs)

The SVM code for the update is 8P01A005

CD UPDATE DISC 4F0 906 961 N

Contact your local stealer with this info and your car details and they will be able to tell you if this update is applicable to your vehicle.
    Just a quick update, went down to Portsmouth Audi on Friday and I must say I was very happy with the service received.

They knew that I was coming and when I got there was booked in swiftly and also knew that I was dealing with Craig so the keys went straight to him!! Sat down with a cuppa after having a butchers around the showroom and 45mins later the car was back complete with update and test drive.

The hesitation wasn't too apparent on mine before it went in but I have to say that it has made holding the revs at 2k easier, also seems a lot smoother in normal driving and power delivery and seems to have a little deeper / throatier exhaust note.

Will keep you updated on the fuel comspumtion but think there was an increase of 2MPG on the return trip.

All for approx �50+VAT!
    Transaction No.: 2010154/3
    Release date: 12-Dec-2009
    Lambda sensor with entry - A3 + TT 3.2 VR6
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi there ....
    after a lot of chasing and calling around I finally manage to get my car booked for the update at my local dealer ...
    they quoted me half hr job (£70 ish) even if I got charge £100 just a week ago for an investigation which did not conclude to anything really .. But I can take that if it resolves the problem .. So fingers crossed..... Will keep u posted

Mall

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall-uk View Post
    Hi there ....
    after a lot of chasing and calling around I finally manage to get my car booked for the update at my local dealer ...
    they quoted me half hr job (£70 ish) even if I got charge £100 just a week ago for an investigation which did not conclude to anything really .. But I can take that if it resolves the problem .. So fingers crossed..... Will keep u posted

Mall
    Yes keep me updated, few q's:

- Which dealer?
    - Did they confirm you needed the update? As in, actually say it needs the update to resolve your issue.
    - Who was the guy/girl you spoke to?
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi, Im also going to be chasing this update as I have the issue around 2k rpm, have you any problem with a smooth pull away, I find it very hard to pull away smoothly without a jerk unless its agressive but I dont want to pull away like that.

Cheers Kai

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Rider View Post
    Yes keep me updated, few q's:

- Which dealer?
    - Did they confirm you needed the update? As in, actually say it needs the update to resolve your issue.
    - Who was the guy/girl you spoke to?
    -this is Coventry dealer ....
    -They did not confirm that the car needed that update but I had an engineer from Northampton Audi who said (after checking my chassis number) that my car is due for update.... However this update is suppose to resolve a rough running at high rev (over 5k rpm) ... But as you prob have read on this forum this suppose to sort the rough idle and 2k rpm hesitation .... So it well worth a try .
    -the workshop manager at Coventry dealership is Paul (keen to help) ...

car is booked in for Monday morning so we will find out soon ...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibo View Post
    Hi, Im also going to be chasing this update as I have the issue around 2k rpm, have you any problem with a smooth pull away, I find it very hard to pull away smoothly without a jerk unless its agressive but I dont want to pull away like that.

Cheers Kai
    absolutely !!! I ve notice that too, if I try to pull out nice and smoothly I get a pause and then boom it goes ... Hope that s part of the same problem and sorted with the update ...

Neutral

Status
    I am very interested in this as i purchased my 54 plate v6 just 5 days before going to afghan and noticed the pull away issue and was concerned there could be a problem. as it happens the car is back at the garage 2 days later to get a re-con transfer box as it was making some horrible sounds.

hopefully get mine updated on my return if it's needed.

Reverse Gear

Status
    hi there,

Had the update done this morning , Dealer took 30 min ish but i ll have to say that the service adviser was not convinced nor interested at all. Stated on the work sheet : "update 2010289/3 as per customer request". So update done no feedback from the workshop, just a invoice for £70 ish.
    Just drove to work and everything seems to be running fine but won t be to excited just yet need to do few more miles to confirm..but hopefully this is all sorted...

Advce if you wnat your car done in Audi Coventry : speak to Ross at service and insist to have that update only as he s aware of it now.

Keep you posted.

Mall

1st Gear

Status
    Well after more than a year for me this is some good news, please keep me posted if its working well in the next week
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Reverse Gear

Status
    It s been 4 days of commuting ~60 miles a day and still enjoying a smooth and misfire/shaking free v6 ride ... ... At last .
    Booked my friend s V6 for the same treat as his car has the same problem . Try to booked it through the persons who did mine but they re very busy bees as they re never available when I called and still waiting for a call back .

2nd Gear

Status
    Glad it's looking promising for you, what's the pulling away like now?
    Cheers kai

Reverse Gear

Status
    Glad it's looking promising for you, what's the pulling away like now?
    Cheers kai
    all gone ....

2nd Gear

Status
    Your pulling away has gone? That's not good : ) I'm guessing it's all smooth? If so then this needs to be done on mine asap.

Cheers Kai

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    If you ask them to update it, they should do it regardless, as thats what they're there for, so unless its being looked at under goodwill, they're being paid to do a job & thats what they should do.
    I agree but in reality they are such a PITA to deal with... I've had two ECU updates (sorry not same engine as this thread) I had to keep pushing and kept saying about "how would I ever buy another Audi if software updates to modules are not forth coming from a dealer"...

They really don't like customers coming in and telling them what exact work you want done...

Luckily with some ear bashing the service advisor@my local dealer now is helpful...

So keep persisting guys!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Your pulling away has gone? That's not good : ) I'm guessing it's all smooth? If so then this needs to be done on mine asap.

Cheers Kai

Meant the jerky pull away s gone sorry ... Much more pleasing .... Get it done , it does make a difference ... No more warning light popping on .. And mainly no shaking at the lights ..
    pMall

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all , my friend got his car ECUs update and same result : a smoother ride ... An other happy owner !

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall-uk View Post
    Hi all , my friend got his car ECUs update and same result : a smoother ride ... An other happy owner !
    do let us know if anything changes, I cant get the time to arrange this yet but am watching closely, first progressive step for V6 owners
    A3 3.2 S Line DSG

A3 TDI S Line DSG Gone

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3_Rider View Post
    do let us know if anything changes, I cant get the time to arrange this yet but am watching closely, first progressive step for V6 owners
    it s been nearly two weeks now and not a sign of misfire and hesitation .. Touch wood it ll stay that way .
    you should take the time to do the update as it takes only half hour (Audi might try to say they need to keep the car for longer but just insist) and it will make a massive difference if you engine has the misfire and engine shake at idle.
    I could forward you a copy of the Audi invoice if that help ... Just let me know ...

mall

Reverse Gear

Status
    Done over a 1,000 miles now since the update and still no sign of the warning light, idle is fine and no hesitant engine.

"Easy" fix to a well ennoying problem ...