Badger5Sky Insurance
    Will Race For Cookies

Status

Titanium s-line diffuser

Hello,

So a few weeks ago someone rear ended me , and my bodyshop is having trouble finding the correct part to replace the titanium diffuser. Every time they order a part it is fully primered, which I obviously don't want.

Could someone please give us the correct part number? I have a 2006 3-door S-line...

Thanks in advance!
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Diesel Power!

Status
    I cannot help you, but nice car

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I cant understand what the issue is, if its primered, then why cant they just paint it the colour you want?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

5th Gear

Status
    Its just an S line diffuser. I thought they were just black plastic normally in the middle bit?

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    On my current diffuser, the lower middle section is not painted, but some sort of titanium (not really black imo) color (just like the lower part of the S3 diffuser, or the facelift diffuser). The problem is that all the diffusers they order are fully primered, even the lower middle part that should be titanium. I obviously don't want the lower middle section painted, I want it to look like OEM.

Thing is, they can't seem to find the one with the titanium bit in the lower middle section...
    Phantomschwarz Audi A3 2.0 TFSI quattro S-Line | Bilstein PSS B14 | Oem 8x18 ET43 5-Spoke | Facelift taillights | RNS-E MKII | My Thread

Diesel Power!

Status
    Have you got the old one buddy?

If you do take a picture and that might make it a little easier for us to find what your after

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Some do come primered, I cant see your issue, just get painter to match the colour & paint it.

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    On a stock S-line diffuser, the upper bit is painted (see attached image, nr 1), the lower bit is not painted but grey/titanium (see attached image, nr 2).

The diffusers delivered are fully primered (both nr 1 and 2), which I don't want, I don't want nr 2 to be painted.

I am looking for the diffuser with only the upper part (nr 1) primered (or already colourcoded in phantom black), and the bottom part grey/titanium.

Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Who cares if its painted or not, I fail to see what the issue is, just paint it satin platinum, this will be perfectly as factory.

I work on these cars day in/out including bodywork & we paint them all the time without issues, if you cant get one thats already painted from factory, then just get your bodyshop to do for you.

Also audi change there minds, so they may have stopped supplying them already painted platinum, it happens, so just paint it.

5th Gear

Status
    I think he is saying that it comes in platimum, but isn't painted? (i.e. its made of a different material?) As far as I can work out though if the diffuser material is plastic - which surely it is - then the one you had originally was simply painted that platinum colour anyway, no? Just look at the old one and see if it was painted?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    They are plastic & I know what he's saying fella, but seems he's making life hard for himself & should just paint the valance the colour needed, makes no difference as will end up the same as he wants anyway.

Neutral

Status
    Great looking 8P model, is the only exterior mod the rear lights? They change the car completely, are they the 2011 lights? I have the same car but 3.2 and I always thought the diffuser was just grey plastic but its as NHN states you can get the bodyshop to simply spray it. Am I right in thinking the front grill area/numberplate surround is the same colour? If so they can do a colour match on the computer? Or ask Audi for the paintcode for this part? Good luck.

Will Race For Cookies

Status
    Only exterior mods are facelift taillights, Bilstein coils and OEM 5 Spoke wheels (A4, 8x18 ET43).

So, still haven't found the right part so the bodyshop is going to take the diffuser off and check the partnumber. I understand what you are saying but painting the diffuser platinum just won't do it for me, it would annoy the hell out of me everytime I see it...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi Synchromesh, just had the very same issue with my car. Someone rear ended me, and when the body shop returned the car, the whole bumper including the rear diffuser was sprayed garnet red to match the exterior paint. When I consulted the body shop, they said the ordered bumper came ready primered.

As such the only solution was to colour match the grill and number plate surround on the front of the car. They then resprayed just the centre section grey. It's looks fairly OEM, but the original finish was bare matt plastic, and it now has a satin type finish. Know what you mean about it being annoying, as i'll always know, but not sure anyone else would know it wasn't original!

To be fair, although it now has a slight shine, I'm fairly happy with the look, and the spray job has been done to a really high standard. Considering it's a pearl effect paint, the colour match on the rest of the bumper is spot on.