S-line grill removal help!!

Davis_2012

Reaction score
Right so I've purchased an S3 grill for my s-line, I know how to remove the bumper. But I'm none the wiser on how to remove the grill?? Anybody out there able to advise me on how to do this, or point me in the direction of someone who might have a step by step guide??

Thanks

after you have the bumper off take out the 2 Philips screws on the back of the grill, then with a bit of force and alot of patients push each tab through

Thanks mate that's where I got stuck pushing the clips out, what's the best way to push them through??

flat screw driver or pliers takes a while done my Thursday night

I thought the S3 grill was shorter in height than the S-Line?

Not if it's the same age car. The Pre mid 2008 cars are a different size to the mid 2008 onwards cars.

Sounds like you've purchased a facelift (8P3) grille rather than the one that will fit your 07 reg car.

Got a photo of it? Or one that looks like it on google?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360665875257004

I was told its 2008 but pre-facelift??

It is, it should fit. Where doesn't it fit?

It's about an inch short on the height and none of the clips down the side and bottom line up

Just found this mate - VWVortex.com - pre-facelift premium and S-line grills are different, F#$K!!

Sounds like the S3 grille on the pre-facelift is shorter than the standard and S-Line grilles where as the facelift grilles will fit on any facelift A3/S3. You learn something new every day.

Doesn't help you I know but at least you aren't the only one who's tried.

BTW...Watty, you were spot on, sorry buddy.

Last edited:
Ah man that sucks so its pretty useless unless I was to get a S3 front bumper?

Yeah I've listed the grill on eBay see what I can get, might look into the FK grill

It's personal preference really mate. There are lots of guys on here who have purchased these grilles and have posted photos up with them fitted to their A3's. I'll see if I can find some links and post back.