PICKING UP AN A3 170BHP NEXT WEEK BUT ONLY HEARING BAD REPORTS ABOUT THEM???

jossholli

Reaction score
I am going to collect and S Line A3 next week but only hearing bad things about them does anyone have anything good to say about them??? starting to think about finding something else

Well mate I was in the same position but at the end of the day Ive got no regrets. Never had any regen issues, had mine remapped and its been great. Got the quattro sportback myself....

Just make sure the injectors have been changed if it falls into the recall group, has good FSH and decent mileage. You dont want one with low miles anyway cos of the regen issue which has affected some.

Whats the spec of the vehicle?

ITS a 2008 S Line its done 106,000 miles but has had a full service history by audi with service intervals at around 10,000 miles and a cam belt change at 85,000 i am just a little worried about the PDF engine as a lot of people seem to have problems with it

I had an a4 s line 170 tdi I bought it with 20,000 and sold it with 146,000 miles and never had any probs. just keep up with the service intervals of about 10,000 miles and happy driving.

Reactions: jossholli
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Trouble with the internet is that everybody posts about an issue they have had with their car, you never hear about all the owners who dont have problems.

If it's got an Audi FSH then that is a major concern averted...

The full audi service history is one of the main reasons for choosing the one i have i was just a little concerned about the PDF problem, i was just reading about the injector recall, the car im getting doesnt state if its had them done or not but im guessing if it needed it then audi would of done it at one of its service intervals!

I know what you mean about only reading bad reports online i just wanted to hear a couple of good reports to ease my mind

Check the log book at the back for the injector recall. It has a code which should be recorded in the book when it was done. Personally my car had it done but I never had any issues in the first place. I would be surprised if Audi missed this...

The timing belt is another £350 job at least so something less to worry about. The only issue I would mention in your case is the clutch but if it has been mainly motorway miles, not a concern. This would apply to any car with that mileage by the way.

By the way its the DPF that can be problematic, which is the diesel paticulate filter. Not trying to be a smart ****....just letting you know what the thing is!!

ha just realised iv been typing PDF not DPF habbit from work!!

The advert for the car sates that it has done all its miles on the motorway which i believe, it would be very hard to clock up that millage around town!!!

Do you know how best to avoid the problems with the DPF or is it just an inevibility with the deisel engine?

DPF only really has issue if car used for frequent short journeys and the filter has no opportunity to regenerate.. That's why a motorway mileage car is a safer bet.