Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

Audi s3 8p bluefin 2nd hand - how much?

All, at the end of this month my 2 best mates will be putting there 2 cars back on the uk roads; a mk1 focus rs and a impreza sti jap import pushing +290bhp. This calls for more power in the s3 which I've only had 4 months. Now the lad I got the s3 off said he had a bluefin if ever I was intrested, well I've messaged him on Facebook and he reckons £250 cash and it's mine. Now firstly is this worth it as I can get a brand new one from demon tweaks plus a K&N panel filter for £365? Secondly will it work straight away E.I not need resetting by supechips as its being used on the same car?
    I know that there is better maps out there like revo but for £600 I don't think I can justify paying that much espically when I'm thinking about the future with the Mrs but I can't resist not having it remapped.
    What are people's thoughts on this, or are there better maps out there for the same price?

Thanks
    WoodyS3

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by woodyS3 View Post
    All, at the end of this month my 2 best mates will be putting there 2 cars back on the uk roads; a mk1 focus rs and a impreza sti jap import pushing +290bhp. This calls for more power in the s3 which I've only had 4 months. Now the lad I got the s3 off said he had a bluefin if ever I was intrested, well I've messaged him on Facebook and he reckons £250 cash and it's mine. Now firstly is this worth it as I can get a brand new one from demon tweaks plus a K&N panel filter for £365? Secondly will it work straight away E.I not need resetting by supechips as its being used on the same car?
    I know that there is better maps out there like revo but for £600 I don't think I can justify paying that much espically when I'm thinking about the future with the Mrs but I can't resist not having it remapped.
    What are people's thoughts on this, or are there better maps out there for the same price?

Thanks
    WoodyS3
    You should contact Shark Performance.

I see your in good old Bromyard! Not too far from me! Just a blast down the A4103!
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

4th Gear

Status

Audi s3 8p bluefin 2nd hand - how much?

I will have to look you guy's up next time I'm down there, I have family in Bromyard and my Dad has a house in Great Malvern
    2012 RS3 Ibis White | Black Styling Pack | Black Roof Rails | Bose | Cruise | Tyre Package | Privacy Glass

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RYes3 View Post
    I will have to look you guy's up next time I'm down there, I have family in Bromyard and my Dad has a house in Great Malvern
    Leave the RS3 in Cheshire please Even though my power is the same as one now, I always get the feeling when i drive past one that its looking down on me

Ill upgrade at some point, but only had this one a year now!

Used to go to that Bromyard Steak house, Foxes or something, meats were awesome! Turns out meat was stolen or something! **** hit the fan etc, havent driven through there in a bit to see if its re-opened?

I used to work in Malvern, not a bad place to be honest.
    Last edited by mjr901; 10th February 2013 at 18:56.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Neutral

Status

Thanks
    WoodyS3
    I've just bought a Bluefin I'd offer him £200 pound because its only any use to your car, and other VAG car they will need to buy a new map from Bluefin which I think is around £250,
    The new and standard map is on the Bluefin so you can switch between maps without ever contacting them,
    And if you fancy going stage 2 the map is only £50 to update so possibly for £250 you have stage 2,
    If I was you id buy it won't get anything else with that gain for £200 -£250

Neutral

Status
    Hmmm I might get it but I'd prefer £200 obviously. Can anybody rate the bluefin, ive read reviews about them but i still cant make my mind up. I would love the Revo but as i said its just too much but i do want a remap that would be aggressive as that is like my mates Focus RS.
    Is the bluefin boring or will i love it?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    Leave the RS3 in Cheshire please Even though my power is the same as one now, I always get the feeling when i drive past one that its looking down on me

Ill upgrade at some point, but only had this one a year now!

Used to go to that Bromyard Steak house, Foxes or something, meats were awesome! Turns out meat was stolen or something! **** hit the fan etc, havent driven through there in a bit to see if its re-opened?

I used to work in Malvern, not a bad place to be honest.

As for meeting up lads i for one would love the RS3 to come down, i love the sound of them and one day when im grey and old i will have one! Im in Hereford and Worcester quite alot so if any of you see me, give us a polite beep. Did you ever go to those Worcester VAG meets?

Heres a few pictures of the old girl550549_10151441165248338_707068066_n.jpg

BAqZqJSCMAAoqe_.jpg

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Make sure he hasnt had a new map (for I assume there replacement car) put on the dongle, as then its no good to you without bluefin putting a map on it for you again for more cost.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Status
    As for meeting up lads i for one would love the RS3 to come down, i love the sound of them.
    Yeah for sure, would love a spin too

Mine.....You'll know its me, I'll be driving too fast and it'll be insanely noisy.

Shark sticker above under neath fog light is what to look for.

Heres mine....

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    Make sure he hasnt had a new map (for I assume there replacement car) put on the dongle, as then its no good to you without bluefin putting a map on it for you again for more cost.
    He reckons its ready to go straight away, so in my opinion all its doing is gathering dust at the moment so in that case he might aswell just give it to me free of charge . I dont think hes got a new car yet, he said he was going to get a van and a lotus elise but he is a paint sprayer at Morgan cars in Malvern so on his money he could have anything by now.
    Do you think its worth it, If he registered it on his computer they wont be any issues if i put it on my laptop or if superchips issue an updated map. I dont wanna pay him £250 and then find out i need to pay more for superchips to reset it.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ring bluefin & ask, simples.

Neutral

Status
    Ring bluefin & ask, simples.
    Wouldnt of thought of that . Do you reckon its worth £250?
    I think (going by the sticker under the bonnet anyway) ive already got a K&N panel filter in it so if i did get a new one off demon tweaks then id have a spare one going so im not gaining anything there.

Status
    Wouldnt of thought of that . Do you reckon its worth £250?
    I think (going by the sticker under the bonnet anyway) ive already got a K&N panel filter in it so if i did get a new one off demon tweaks then id have a spare one going so im not gaining anything there.
    You thought about getting a proper CAI? So much more responsive than sticking a panel filter in the standard airbox/cover :-/

Neutral

Status
    Yeah for sure, would love a spin too

Mine.....You'll know its me, I'll be driving too fast and it'll be insanely noisy.

Shark sticker above under neath fog light is what to look for.

Heres mine....

I let my mate drive the S3 the other day and they are surprisingly loud in the standard form but i take it your running abit more than the standard set up?
    I do like the S3 in Ibis white and of course a nice Spirit Blue, My S3 8L was in Ebony Black and its an absolutely ***** to keep clean and shiney but when polished it looked amazing.

2nd Gear

Status
    Hey I live in Hay-on-wye and am in Hereford quite abit we should have a mini meet one day . In fact there is a event on soon here's a link VagStance'N #1st meet in Aid of Cancer Research!! 'THINK PINK' | Facebook if you want to go give me a shout I'm not 100% going but if you lot are be nice to meet up
    New Car
    Audi S3 Sprint Blue Oscarli Stage 2+
    Old Cars

Audi TTRS 2010 Phantom Black Oscarli Stage 1
    Audi S3 2009 Facelift Ibis White (Recaro Buckets)
    Audi S3 2009 Pre-Facelift Solar Orange Oscarli Stage 2
    Audi A1 185 2011 White

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Wouldnt of thought of that .
    Cant tell if you're being serious or sarcastic?

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Morells View Post
    Hey I live in Hay-on-wye and am in Hereford quite abit we should have a mini meet one day . In fact there is a event on soon here's a link VagStance'N #1st meet in Aid of Cancer Research!! 'THINK PINK' | Facebook if you want to go give me a shout I'm not 100% going but if you lot are be nice to meet up
    The standard reverse rake of the S3 should fit in nicely!!

2nd Gear

Status
    The standard reverse rake of the S3 should fit in nicely!!
    yes but sure we would find a place to fit in haha
    New Car
    Old Cars

Audi A1 185 2011 White

Neutral

Status
    You thought about getting a proper CAI? So much more responsive than sticking a panel filter in the standard airbox/cover :-/
    I've looked at them but not gone any further, i like the sound its got at the moment and i like the standard engine bay. In my view it looks messy without the cover and when i had the badger 5 intake and Jetex on my S3 8L it was a nice sound but ive grown up since then however so times that childish young lad comes back to play.

Neutral

Status
    Cant tell if you're being serious or sarcastic?
    unfortunately very serious.................

Status
    I've looked at them but not gone any further, i like the sound its got at the moment and i like the standard engine bay. In my view it looks messy without the cover and when i had the badger 5 intake and Jetex on my S3 8L it was a nice sound but ive grown up since then however so times that childish young lad comes back to play.
    You wont like the sound of mine then, it makes ALL sorts of noises!! Does actually get a bit annoying, but at the moment fun still out weighs it!

Status
    yes but sure we would find a place to fit in haha
    Ill try and be there, just down the A4103 and over 2 roundabouts for me.

2nd Gear

Status
    Ill try and be there, just down the A4103 and over 2 roundabouts for me.
    That would be great I have a good 30min drive 20 if I want to have some fun haha what about u woodyS3 you fancy joining us?
    New Car
    Old Cars

Audi A1 185 2011 White

Status
    That would be great I have a good 30min drive 20 if I want to have some fun haha what about u woodyS3 you fancy joining us?
    Well yeah I say just down the A4103 and over 2 roundabouts but that's 38 minutes according to google maps! haha

2nd Gear

Status
    Well yeah I say just down the A4103 and over 2 roundabouts but that's 38 minutes according to google maps! haha
    be good could get a couple of pics and I could look under your bonnet
    New Car
    Old Cars

Audi A1 185 2011 White

Status
    be good could get a couple of pics and I could look under your bonnet
    Haha you just want to see a chunky shiny bit of metal from Forge! It's a really tight fit, so you can only see the top of it.

I have pictures of it before it went on though!

What BHP was your orange Oscali stage 2+ doing?

i had a very brief run in with one on the Worcester bypass, I was in a Red MG ZT a couple of years ago, I went to over take off a roundabout and the S3 left me for dead, leaving me on the wrong side of the road looking a fool. Was very funny, but embarassing. You by any chance? chances a slim, but Orange S3's are quite rare really!

2nd Gear

Status
    Haha you just want to see a chunky shiny bit of metal from Forge! It's a really tight fit, so you can only see the top of it.

I have pictures of it before it went on though!

What BHP was your orange Oscali stage 2+ doing?

i had a very brief run in with one on the Worcester bypass, I was in a Red MG ZT a couple of years ago, I went to over take off a roundabout and the S3 left me for dead, leaving me on the wrong side of the road looking a fool. Was very funny, but embarassing. You by any chance? chances a slim, but Orange S3's are quite rare really!
    yeah you got me haha and I don't know what bhp figures where as I never actually got chance to put it on a RR but the guy used to design the revo maps so some where near that but stage 2 not + I need to adjust that on my sig basically forge CAI , forge DV and full tbe milltek 200 cel cat.

I could of been me I got my S3 in August 2011 and sold it in march 2012 so a short period was that about the right time?
    New Car
    Old Cars

Audi A1 185 2011 White

Status
    yeah you got me haha and I don't know what bhp figures where as I never actually got chance to put it on a RR but the guy used to design the revo maps so some where near that but stage 2 not + I need to adjust that on my sig basically forge CAI , forge DV and full tbe milltek 200 cel cat.

I could of been me I got my S3 in August 2011 and sold it in march 2012 so a short period was that about the right time?
    Nah this was 2009 ish. why did you get rid? might be best to PM. might have ruined this thread with unrelavant stuff....

i do apologise..

2nd Gear

Status
    Nah this was 2009 ish. why did you get rid? might be best to PM. might have ruined this thread with unrelavant stuff....

i do apologise..
    Yes I do apologise aswell sorry guys. Ill message you on fb buddy.
    New Car
    Old Cars

Audi A1 185 2011 White

Neutral

Status
    You can buy a tts cover if you don't like not having one,
    And with an induction kit you can hear the DV a lot more and my revo one is a tidy sound slightly louder than standard, and you can just hear the air being sucked in rather a darth vader deep note

Neutral

Status
    Right well time for an update, I've decided I'm going to pay the £250 for it and I'm having it put on there by the seller at 2.30pm. He's gonna guide me through it and show me the unit and everything. So I best give the old girl a wash, don't want him thinking she's being neglected.
    I'll report back my review later on.