Auto windows !!! Arghhh

Ice Kay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Went outside to get something out the car and find that all the windows were open and the rain had soaked through !!!! I know it was raining all night so good knows how long the windows were open for.

absolutely soaked inside, checked the window controls on the doors and also that the speakers still work.

anything else I should that still works that the rain could have affected?

best way to dry he inside of the car ?

currently sat inside the car with the heaters full blast and a wet *** due to he wet seat

Bad times, sorry to hear that mate. Had you sat on the key and opened them all by mistake?

get a small fan blower
and leave windows down a few mm

You need a dehumidifier mate i put one in my passat when plenem chamber blockage put an inch of water in get the worst of it with towels and leave dehumidifier running and keep emptying it. I have only just returned from visiting a member on here to have some vcd tweeks done first on the list was the auto windows winding down on fob press delete you need to do it. Cheers again gary

This is why I always suggest decoding convenience open from the key, I kinda did once, when I left window down by mistake, I left car running & blowers on for a while, soon dried out.

The switches are fairly resilient, so dont worry to much about them.

Keep the air con on too, even if its set to
Hot. Packs of silica gel might be a good shout too