My Car Mods Begin :)

Ben2487

Reaction score
Hi all,
Bought an Black S3 around 3 months ago and love it,
First thing I bought was a private plate just wanted something that had s3 on it the other three letters didn't really bother me but as I seen one similar to my name I thought £300 bargain.
View attachment 11043

While I am working away I get bored and just read about s3 mods and end up ordering things,
So I ordered a :-
-Bluefin,
-Revo induction kit,
-Forge Dv kit,

Booked the car into Audi for Friday just gone, for a service which I thought wouldn't take long so I could then go and fit my new toys, took it in at half 9 got away about 3 in the afternoon was driving me crazy, they didn't take it in the workshop until around 11 don't know why they bothered to tell me to come at half 9,

Anyway Bluefin,
Took no time at all sent them my standard map had the new back instantly,
Only noticeable thing is its taken out the big kick of the turbo and smoothed it out across the rev range,
I only drive it a couple of weeks every two months so haven't drove it enough to remember the standard map characteristics,
But any gain is a good gain,

Revo induction kit,
Got dark by the time it came to fitting this but wanted to do so had a head torch on out in the cold, seems a good bit of kit, bit of a b*tch to fit trying to grip the standard clip on the first bend it difficult to get grips in because of the room so ended up using a spare jubilee clip I had,
Sound wise I expected more of a louder noise like a non-turbo car but it seems quite quiet, not that is a bad thing can tell it on there but not loud like a little saxo vtr boy racer with cheap £15 one lol,
Was surprised how much you can hear the turbo diverting the pressure sounds like it echoing down the massive metal intake pipe,

Forge Dv Kit,
Was really easy to fit, only bought one as weren't sure if I had the Rev D or not turns out I do, it's slightly louder than the OEM one so enjoying that too,

Oh also while waiting hours and hours in Audi went to McDonalds had a little look on here and noticed the thread about the tts engine cover and thought while hear price it up off the part number given on here from:-
-Boydie
-poli84
-warren_s3
so big thanks for those lads,

Because as the parts man came back he was going to order the wrong one, the cover and bolts came £95 inc Vat so thought I order them, be there to collet Tuesday morning,
Good job I paid for them before I had the bill for service or I wouldn't of botherd came to £469 bit of a shock but suppose its the maintenance cost of having a decent car but glad it was done before I mapped it.

Next Mod thinking coilovers, and Arb's

Reactions: Pex, Paullie and wuta3
Well sounds like you have been busy. I will follow this thread, sounds like you have got the modding bug, reading on here will coat you plenty, lol. Keep up the good work. :) x

Nice mods:)

Have you got the part numbers needed for the bolts and TTRS cover as im heading Audi on Thursday.

Part numbers below,
Its the tts engine cover I've ordered not the ttrs
as the ttrs is 2.5ltr

There are two types of bolts needed two at the back are the same and the one in the front is different,
The prices you can see are without VAT with VAT came too £95.62

09022013313 1

Attachments

• 09022013313.jpg
    09022013313.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Reactions: Dean_T and JamesS4cab
Picked up the cover today all parts fit :icon_thumright:

There are the two longer bolts at the back and the small screw at the front.

Might spray it black or a darker grey to tone it down a bit.
Other than that I like it tidy's the engine bay up.

Reactions: Pex, K.A and ph4tm4tts3
Looks really smart. I will defo be ordering this very soon :thumbsup:

Now you need coilovers and ARBs to make the most of the remap,and by that time,you'll be ready for more power....trust me.

Now you need coilovers and ARBs to make the most of the remap,and by that time,you'll be ready for more power....trust me.

Yea true enough only advantage I have is I don't drive the car 6 weeks at a time so every time I jump in it feels fast,
Yea going to start looking at brakes and suspension shortly so much to choose from!

Well done on the car and the mods to date.
Looks really great. I love the Revo intake, wish it was available when I purchased my Twintake.

Thanks for posting the picture of the engine cover invoice - thats my next mod!!

Thanks lads,:racer:
Through ASN I found the part numbers so I owe the thanks,
just easier to read when there all in one place :yes:

sorry for beening thick but what does ARBs mean or are?

Apologies for that.

Uprated ARB's will reduce the car's tendency to roll on cornering,but can also reduce understeer,and are a very useful first move on suspension upgrades.

Car looks amazing, Buddy. The private plate just adds a little something extra to it, looking forward to seeing more of your mods in the future! :wub: xx

Well its been a while since I've posted..... actually just looked up at the date of the previous reply and it was three years ago!
Anyway cars isn't my only hobby I also have a trackbike and a road bike so you can imagine it isnt cheap with so many toys and have to choose where to spend my spare cash left after maintaining everything, Since last time I've been on here I've bought a house which was priority over all the toys first and foremost.

Back to my car I still have it and its been well maintained buy Audi, mileage kept down it's around 48,000 and still puts a smile on my face everytime im behind the wheel. I had it put on the rollers over a year ago and it made 299Bhp with the Bluefin which i thought was reasonable for not a wild map. That place was just starting up and there isn't any where near me that has those facilities but very recently he has taken on APR francise which had me interesed so I regulary watch his facebook page and seen a post the other day Apr software is 20% off for two weeks the same day I found out how much of a tax return i was having being self employed so I thought why not book it in. Apr has caught my eye since I noticed they do sortware for the tte/420 which would be an option Im keen to do as of when spare cash is available.

So all booked on for Friday last working day of the offer, booked for stage 1. I was searching through the Apr website at software stages and hadn't realised they do a stage 1+ which consists of an intake which I already have and hpfp, obviusly Apr recommend there's at a whooping £900 which wasnt going to happen or they can recondition my original in which there is no time before Friday and its still £680, Spent a few hours searching the net and it was either Autotech or loba and again since time was an issue it was quicker to just bolt on a loba than rebuild with autotech not that it probably takes much time but its less hassle plus its been tested so i know that it wont be an issue.

I'll report back but I'm hoping all goes well Friday and should make just over 330Bhp, Time to sell some bike stuff to get a clucth and exhaust sorted as I'll be so close to stage 2+ now as I have a pump on the way :)

Reactions: leshkin, Baka and S3Alex
I went from a Bluefin to APR 1+ On my S3 and the difference is very noticeable in a good way.
Also your intake will start to make some interesting noises now. It is worth checking out the spark plugs. I use NGK iridium and your APR chap will advise the best to use.
The only down side to APR 1+ is that you are only a downpipe away from 2+. I could not resist the temptation and I am very pleased with the results!

Reactions: S. and S3Alex
Can I ask if you were on the standard clutch with the bluefin???
what mileage was on the car before it was fitted and how many miles did you run it?
Did it start slipping at all.
Cheers

My Car is possibly the lowest mileage '07 plate around. So no slip on Bluefin or even APR 2+! 3rd and 4th gear get the max and can get you to licence losing territory very easily.No real need to give it max in 6th as you are well into triple figures.
I have read about people going to APR 2+ with over 50K on the clock and it slips straight away.
I have a golf GTI 1.8t where the clutch has seen 80K since replacement. It has run a high torque R-Tech stage 1 map for over 35K and it is fine.
I think it depends on how the clutch has been used or abused rather than just the mileage.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.
Had the car done friday there was a Issue with the timing when trying to run a 99Ron map. The car was pulling the timing out above safe parameters. Apr think it may be poor quality fuel as up until the nite before I had been running 95Ron but I did run it down very low before giving it a full tank of 99. Ive been advised to change the coil packs to R8 ones and get better plugs and the only other thing it could be is the knock sensor.

Anyway its not all doom and gloom they uploaded a 95Ron map with no issues and managed to pull 334Bhp which I was very pleased with as they only quoted 337 with a 99 map. The first 25bhp I gained off my bluefin was not very noticable. The additional 35Bhp from Apr is very noticable, The car seems to pull a lot harder and right up to redline, It feels like a different car and just adding an extra 35Bhp you notice a big difference with the brakes, the suspention everything so upgrading them is now a must.

I can do the plugs and the extra bits and have the 99 map put on for free but I think I'll just change the clutch... not that I'm having any issues but I know I will.. and change the downpipe as it will be off the car anyway and get an intercooler and go back in for 2+

Dyno

The coil packs are only worth it if they're tired and need changing.
The R8 ones look nice,but offer no othe benefit over the stock grey packs.

Looks to me like you've started nicely down the slippery slope!...enjoy it.

I'll just change them to make sure I've done everything possible to eliminate that timing issue when it comes round to being on the rollers again. Oh and yes it's slippery but once my second track bike and tax return money runs out it will soon slow progress down again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3Alex
It's just more...more...more....

Had bit of a crazy day today phoned bcs and ordered a turbo back decat power valve, coils packs, plugs, forge PCv plate and to top it off just ordered a Wagner cooler good job I'm Layin down!

I know the engine warning light will come on until I head back for a map but can the car still be driven or will go into limp mode?

Just need this bike gone now so i can order a clutch!

Reactions: leshkin
a1dfdd98db2708f2b7daa2e94e02d860.jpg

A little update fitted my Forge Pcv, coils and cooler plugs, intercooler should be here fri/mon hope it's the sooner one so I can fit it on the weekend. Bcs phoned me back today there doing a refurb next week so it will be about a two week wait but I'm sure it will be worth it! I am considering going with the carbon tips anyone seen them in the flesh?

a1dfdd98db2708f2b7daa2e94e02d860.jpg

A little update fitted my Forge Pcv, coils and cooler plugs, intercooler should be here fri/mon hope it's the sooner one so I can fit it on the weekend. Bcs phoned me back today there doing a refurb next week so it will be about a two week wait but I'm sure it will be worth it! I am considering going with the carbon tips anyone seen them in the flesh?

Anything the guys at BCS do for you will be superb.
I've not seen the carbon tips,and I don't think they could fit them to mine,but the exhaust they did for me is excellent......they adapted my existing Nortech downpipe,to bring it up to 90mm,blending the dump tube into the downpipe to preserve the diameter,and a 90mm system from there back.

Reactions: Ben2487 and HHS3
No engine warning light after a full bcs 200 cell turbo back powervalve when the car was standard here.. but after the stage 2+ map was done it was a completely different beast...

Reactions: leshkin and Ben2487
Confirmed gone with the carbon tips be nice to see the out come can't wait

Got any photos?

Are they not the ceramic coated? Ones? I thought the carbon ones you can see the stainless inside the carbon?

Confirmed gone with the carbon tips be nice to see the out come can't wait

Sounds good mate, make sure to upload pictures please as I'm very interested in seeing how the carbon tips look!

Reactions: Ben2487
So gave her a little clean the other nite tried this combo
8a938a2ec2ebda496cbe5f1919a5ffff.jpg
7562b4db848825d0f67301d7980591ce.jpg
019a1e15abd12b27f01c0c98d7aa8f91.jpg

That's actually my house in the reflection on the bonnet!

Oh and also came home to this on a Friday
3692ca894c97f16f18f7eaf296167efb.jpg

Reactions: MICHAEL PARKER and Hookmonster
3234e5245123091b14a69ff74daea274.jpg
f933f3effa904c39a8e980573d48d5ca.jpg

Not exactly a Friday nite job!

Reactions: S.