votex side skirts

Asads3

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm new on here. Anyways.... I've now got some votex side skirts 3door and am struggling to put these on. Showed a few garages in west london and no one wants to touch them.. can anyone recommend me where to go.... or can I do it myself?

Welcome to the site.

Pics of said skirts?

I took of the side seals and door strip... did I just waste my time or does the skirt go there?

Attachments

• 20130210_142829.jpg
    20130210_142829.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20130210_141852.jpg
    20130210_141852.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 20130210_142820.jpg
    20130210_142820.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 226
You can get genuine side skirts, for only about 220 brand new. Just buy 2x Side Skirts left and right, 2x End Caps and your current Door Bottoms and sill plates can be sanded down to fit. Did it myself, real easy plug and play. I really don't like the look of those, but hey.

You can get genuine side skirts, for only about 220 brand new. Just buy 2x Side Skirts left and right, 2x End Caps and your current Door Bottoms and sill plates can be sanded down to fit. Did it myself, real easy plug and play. I really don't like the look of those, but hey.

They are genuine Audi parts. They are part of the votex kit which was an optional upgrade just before the s-line model was released.
They do actually look quite decent when fitted, search my threads and although I had a sportback, you can see the complete votex kit.

Asad, yes you have done the right thing by taking the two strips off, otherwise the skirts will not fit in place. A bit fiddly but they will go, masking tape to hold things in place, and I would give at least 48hrs for the glue to set of properly especially in this weather.

Yeah they look ok to fit, same basic fitment as S3 ones & as you've rightly done & been advised, remove the extterior trims to fit these in place but make sure you clean of any old residue from old trims before fitting or wont it flush & as Dan says mask tape them after fixing with sikaflex or the like & leave to cure for 24/48 hours.

They are genuine Audi parts. They are part of the votex kit which was an optional upgrade just before the s-line model was released.
They do actually look quite decent when fitted, search my threads and although I had a sportback, you can see the complete votex kit.

Asad, yes you have done the right thing by taking the two strips off, otherwise the skirts will not fit in place. A bit fiddly but they will go, masking tape to hold things in place, and I would give at least 48hrs for the glue to set of properly especially in this weather.

Ok fair enough, but since he's make an S3 replica but the looks of it, I thought S3 sideskirt might look a bit better, rather than mix and matching body panels.

Ok fair enough, but since he's make an S3 replica but the looks of it, I thought S3 sideskirt might look a bit better, rather than mix and matching body panels.

oh ok, didn't realise he was doing an S3 rep. I see your point now fella.

Guys i get what your saying. Spoke to Audi west london they want £450 for the pair. i got these for £95 at my door... So back to the point of fitting, are these glued on and screws either end? what about the clips?