Carbon fibre panels....doors/tailgate/bonnet...any interest?

S3Alex

Rarely neutral
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Just a thread to see if there is any interest in getting some panels made up by a motorsport supplier,who may be interested in doing some work for us,if the numbers are sufficient.
Right now,I can't give any details on pricing or availability,as I would need to know likely numbers and what sort of panels would be most popular.

Hmmmm. Maybe a bonnet matey. Would match my carbon roof.

Hmmmm. Maybe a bonnet matey. Would match my carbon roof.
Sounds good...if it comes off,these would be properly made(and I imagine therefore not cheap...LOL) by a current motorsport supplier,and we're trying to get interest from here and VAGOC,as well as other forums to try and put something together.

I would love a carbon tailgate, but I think the currency conversion + shipping across the pond will price it out of feasibility for me. :(

If we can generate enough interest then we can get something going so the more the merrier.

Come on guys.....there must be some interest out there.... already beginning to get interest on other forums and abroad.

Would like carbon fibre B pillar trims, I know it's not a panal as such lol

Would like carbon fibre B pillar trims, I know it's not a panal as such lol
Thanks Andy...that's another to add to the list of parts,so I can pass that one along as well.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a lot of people who would want them.

I'd be shocked if there isn't a lot of people who would want them.
That's what I'm hoping!....a number of us over at VAGOC are very keen to get this going,and if we can get more interest,then we can put together a good proposal to the company concerned and maybe get a decent price for a range of parts.

Rear diffuser, one that can be a replacement for the stock one. Also if possible, if it had practical properties, rather then just cosmetic would be a huge bonus! :) along theses lines.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360505810252789ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360505822982719

That silver one in my opinion is awfull, looks massive on the car. Think it would give Michelle McManus a run for her money lol

That silver one in my opinion is awfull, looks massive on the car. Think it would give Michelle McManus a run for her money lol

Haha yea your right, just put it up as a it more of guide, just looking for one to clip into the original diffuser housing

I'd definitely be interested in the B pillar covers, and maybe some other interior parts.
Would love a diffuser and bonnet but they may be a tad expensive for now.

I thought something with deeper fins would be not only useful but a bit more purposeful loking.

I thought something with deeper fins would be not only useful but a bit more purposeful loking.

Bit like this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360515806412394

That actually goes underneath the the rear to give some actual diffusing properties? Like this?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360515903051284

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360515763.873380.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360515763.873380.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 415
Yes...bit like any of those....the stock one I think tends towards the cosmetic rather than effective,but the only wind tunnel I have is my mouth.....

So to add this all up so far....
Me....bonnet,tailgate,diffuser.
Big harty..bonnet.
AndyA3710...B pillar trims
bootneck_max...diffuser
Tay....B pillars
chris1988brown....bonnet,mirror housings and spoiler
Snipe...RS3 spoiler
Thanks guys....this may all come to nothing depending on whether or not the company is interested,but I'll feed back as soon as I can...keep it coming.

I'm interested in a bonnet,
If they can get it to click to the standard mechanism don't fancy big bonnet clips on the surface.

I'm interested in a bonnet,If they can get it to click to the standard mechanism don't fancy big bonnet clips on the surface.
The only issue there is that with these being pretty light(that's the point really) bonnet clips are likely to be neccessary...you can get very nice flush mounted one likes this.... Aerodynamic panel fasteners from Aerocatch

The only issue there is that with these being pretty light(that's the point really) bonnet clips are likely to be neccessary...you can get very nice flush mounted one likes this.... Aerodynamic panel fasteners from Aerocatch

They seem ok,
But need to look for some lockable ones, else someone can open the bonnet and help themselves to my induction kit and £200 forge DV

They seem ok,But need to look for some lockable ones, else someone can open the bonnet and help themselves to my induction kit and £200 forge DV
Don't worry...they also make lockable ones.

Will be good if it does come to something and we can get a good price on it all

Would be interested in interior, such to replace the (scratched) piano black gear surround and door handles with.

Thanks guys...to be fair,I think this will be aimed at the larger panels,but I can see if there's any will for interior parts as well.

Put me down for bonnet mirror housing b pillars and a rear diffuser. :p

I would be interested in the bonnet and doors but not if i need bonnet clips :( im 42 not 22!

I would be interested in the bonnet and doors but not if i need bonnet clips :( im 42 not 22!

You're a youngster compared to me...LOL

The Aerocatch fasteners are actually almost unnoticeable to be honest,and I'd be OK with those.

Keep it coming...please.

Would be interested to know price on carbon bonnet, doors and wing mirrors.
Does anybody know if anyone does a wide arch body kit that would be suitable for the race car? Fibre glass or carbon.

Rear diffuser, one that can be a replacement for the stock one. Also if possible, if it had practical properties, rather then just cosmetic would be a huge bonus! :) along theses lines.... View attachment 11088View attachment 11089
I'd say the car is too high off the ground to have any real effectiveness. If you got it low enough you would just rip it off when driving on the road, it's a bit pointless.

This is the sort of thing you will need if you want it to be effective:
URL]

I'd say a front splitter would be far more use, but the same thing applies - it would have to be low and wouldn't be suited to road use.

As3alex did this ever go anywhere or was there not enough interest? Thanks

All three would be excellent, depends on price really. Already have the OSiR full carbon bonnet in mind. Is there the poll on vagoc Alex, didn't see it.

As3alex did this ever go anywhere or was there not enough interest? Thanks

I've been away for a week,and will check in over at the VAGOC threads to see.