Would YOU Buy This?

leeds2592

When I grow up, I want a 964!
Reaction score
Hi all,

To cut a long story short, I've been looking for a 3dr S Line bumper for ages as mines all scraped on one side. They seem to be like gold dust to find second hand!

Anyway, came across the one below but it seems a bit mangled. It'll need a respray anyway which I understand, but what I wanted to ask is;
A) Do you reckon it could be easy put back into shape once the valance is on?
B) Would you take the risk and buy it?

T2eC16FHJG8E9nyfmGmKBQczRTmJGg60 58

Cheers

Have you got the diffuser for it?? If not, and depending on the price of the bumper, you could be looking at a lot of money to end up with a complete bumper in good condition.

Diffusers are even harder to get hold of second hand and are about £80-£90 new, and repair and paint of the bumper is going to cost at least £150 for a decent job.

How much are they asking for the bumper? This is the all important bit of info.

This one looks ok on eBay, 281059396187....

I know it has the parking sensors but this maybe a good option if the bumpers coming off anyway or you could fill them.

The other looks ok but you can't tell from the pic how deep some of the marks are. I was looking recently and went to look at one and some of the fixings were broke and the plastic had a bad strain where it was pulled off, not taken off.

happy hunting buddy

Have you got the diffuser for it?? If not, and depending on the price of the bumper, you could be looking at a lot of money to end up with a complete bumper in good condition.

Diffusers are even harder to get hold of second hand and are about £80-£90 new, and repair and paint of the bumper is going to cost at least £150 for a decent job.

How much are they asking for the bumper? This is the all important bit of info.

Not got the diffuser for one as yet, although I don't think that price is too bad for a new one. There was one for sale in the Classifieds on here but it seems to have been sold now.

I've looked for a complete bumper with diffuser but I can't seem to find one for a 3dr anywhere. 5dr's are no problem but 3dr's are another kettle of fish lately.

This one looks ok on eBay, 281059396187....

I know it has the parking sensors but this maybe a good option if the bumpers coming off anyway or you could fill them.

The other looks ok but you can't tell from the pic how deep some of the marks are. I was looking recently and went to look at one and some of the fixings were broke and the plastic had a bad strain where it was pulled off, not taken off.

happy hunting buddy

Thanks for that dude, actually came across that earlier today but the parking sensor holes put me off.

He was asking £65 for the pictured one so I might give it a miss. Although I have been speaking to a lad about the one below but the part number he gave me started with 8P4 which, if I'm not mistaken, is for a 5dr?

T2eC16dsE9swmvL1BQ5gElcjg60 58

Not got the diffuser for one as yet, although I don't think that price is too bad for a new one. There was one for sale in the Classifieds on here but it seems to have been sold now.

I've looked for a complete bumper with diffuser but I can't seem to find one for a 3dr anywhere. 5dr's are no problem but 3dr's are another kettle of fish lately.

Sorry, just noticed you want an s-line diffuser. Double that price then... £80-£90 is for a standard diffuser, the s-line ones are about £190 complete.

Sorry, just noticed you want an s-line diffuser. Double that price then... £80-£90 is for a standard diffuser, the s-line ones are about £190 complete.

Tbh, I'd be happy with the standard diffuser if that's the price of an S Line one. Trying not to spend too much more on this car for the time being!

That one looks ok I guess, will keep my eye out.

Do you need the single of twin diffuser?

Yeh it looks alright, although not the best picture. The 8P4 threw me slightly though as it is clearly a 3dr bumper.

Need the twin diffuser mate.

Although I have been speaking to a lad about the one below but the part number he gave me started with 8P4 which, if I'm not mistaken, is for a 5dr?

View attachment 11000

The 8P4 part number is used for 5 door parts... AND for parts that fit both the 3dr and 5dr.

e.g....
Diffusers for the 3dr and 5dr are the same, hence the part number starts 8P4. Same for the front bumpers.

But yeah, the 3dr rear bumper should start 8P3.

He's given me 8P4 807 385 A as the part number but says the bumper for sale is the one in the photo.

May just buy it and see what turns up.