S3 Oil Usage and Cap Gunk Advice

jaydav2306

Reaction score
Guys I own a late 2009 S3 with 37,500 on the clock, loads of history and I've serviced this car twice in 8K I really do look after it. I'm due a service at 40K which will be around June time as I don't do many miles.

I noticed that when topping the oil up I had a little bit of gunk on the cap, now I know there are a lot of scare mongerers around but this doesn't automatically mean my head is on the way does it? It could be the fact I'm doing short journeys at the moment? Advice? To note it still drives amazing no performance loss just me in panic mode seeing the gunk

thanks

Relax its probably just condensation, clean it of, check coolant isnt black, check oil isnt very thin, I reckon its ok.

Guys I own a late 2009 S3 with 37,500 on the clock, loads of history and I've serviced this car twice in 8K I really do look after it. I'm due a service at 40K which will be around June time as I don't do many miles.

I noticed that when topping the oil up I had a little bit of gunk on the cap, now I know there are a lot of scare mongerers around but this doesn't automatically mean my head is on the way does it? It could be the fact I'm doing short journeys at the moment? Advice? To note it still drives amazing no performance loss just me in panic mode seeing the gunk

thanks

There's your answer bud. I used to get a bit of mayo on my 20T due to only driving 3miles to work, however now I work a bit further away it's gone.

Don't worry and keep truckin'

There's your answer bud. I used to get a bit of mayo on my 20T due to only driving 3miles to work, however now I work a bit further away it's gone.

Don't worry and keep truckin'

yeah the coolant seems fine, gets up to temp and level is spot on, cleaned all the gunk off, topped a small bit to just over half and went on a 30 mile run and it seems to have bought off.

i had some on the dipstick too at the bottom around the oil level but only match stick head amount is this ok?

need to make sure I make full use of it at weekends. Are head gaskets rare to go on a S3