Slightly torn on what to do..

Radford212

Reaction score
Finally got my car back after nearly a week of it being in the garage, having some of the problems sorted out. While it was in the garage I convinced myself that I wanted to get rid and get another car. After getting back in and driving it again I don't know what to do. I remembered why I bought in the first place :)

Do I sell and get something else or do I change a couple things on it and keep it?

Suggestions? (2006 A3 2.0TDI S Line 140 Sportback)

Just drive it for longer & give yourself chance to experience it again for extended period, then decide.

Want to change the front grille from the chrome surround to a black one, think the grille I saw was an FK Automotive one, looked really smart. Change all the bulbs to either Osrams or Phillips (depending which are better) Possibly a front splitter, all slightly subtle changes and then eventually get some new wheels and change the headunit too.

Well there is an up to date thread on the FK grille, I've put a pic of mine on there. They do look good.
Don't know about bulbs myself.
I've just upgrade my head unit to RNS-E thanks to a3_sline_tdi which looks awesome.
I want to do wheels nearer to summer or better weather anyway.

is the RNS-E headunit the nav one that comes in the s3? I've seen a fair few people mention it but not too sure on what it is. I really want some BBS alloys for my car. It being blue though I don't think black alloys would suit it to much. Ahh i'll make sure to look for the thread on the grille thanks!

The rns-e comes in a few cars but yes the S3 aswell, comes in several flavours, give me a shout if interested as I supply/fit these systems for members.

Cheers NHN i shall definitely remember that for futre reference. I'll more than likely start with the cheaper mods to begin with and save up some money for more expensive mods. Changing to the RNS-E wouldn't be something i'd have to declare to my insurance company is it?

No they usually cover oem head units perfectly ok upto a certain level, but you can if you like, but usually ok.

It's all about confidence in the car. Once a few things have gone wrong you almost always expecting something else to break and it ruins the enjoyment.

I seriously considered getting rid of mine and had it up for sale but it turned out to be a simple pro work really and thanks to rick@unicorn it's now running the best and smoothest it has since I've had it so I kept it and have started modding it to how I want it now