S3 problem when accelerating

ChrisG89

Reaction score
Hi,

I was accelerating hard before in 3rd gear and revs were getting up and then it felt like I slammed on the brakes, not just a loss of power, so I came off the accelerator. It drives normal at normal speeds and sounds okay, it did this twice though, didn't try a 3rd time.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

Thanks for quick reply, how much am I looking at for a new clutch out of interest?

Unit20 are about 10 mins away from mine so will give them a call in the morning

Thanks for quick reply, how much am I looking at for a new clutch out of interest?

Unit20 are about 10 mins away from mine so will give them a call in the morning

This is a really good website and is where i got my DMF+Clutch (always replace both) from, its actually a motor factors (sutton i think), but i went there out of urgency and they seemed nice enough

Buy AUDI S3 2.0 2007 flywheel online and save | Buy Parts By-------- £274.43

Luk Clutch kit there too if your interested.

Buy AUDI S3 2.0 2007 clutch kits online and save | Buy Parts By ------- £132.62

ignore the 2007 year of car shown, they're all the same.

I've shown the more expensive one that contains release bearing etc, might aswell change it for the sake of a few quid and it should be included in the labour costs anyway.

Total cost of parts = £407.05 inc VAT.

6.5 hours is the quoted time for this job.

Average independant, What £50 an hour? so £325 labour.

Approximately With Everything Fully Fitted = £732.05

Sounds more like loss of a spark. Clutch slip would continue revving and go nowhere fast, but not feel like you slammed the brakes on.
I had this issue only once on a calibra turbo with wrong gaps. So id start by checking plugs/coils.

I know when my clutch started to slip in 3rd/4th gear i was 'pushing on' and it felt like id be shunted up the backside.

Loss of spark would have put some twinkle lights on i'd have thought on the dash, although, we cant rule anything else out.

Hi,

I was accelerating hard before in 3rd gear and revs were getting up and then it felt like I slammed on the brakes, not just a loss of power, so I came off the accelerator. It drives normal at normal speeds and sounds okay, it did this twice though, didn't try a 3rd time.

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

If the revs were rising without any increase in speed,then the clutch is likely to be slipping,and the other thing is plugs if they're getting a bit tired...

That shows up as a misfire and hesitation under load.

Been there done that. It's the ****** clutch mate. Spec clutches are ace.

It shouldn't be the plugs as these were changed when it had a full service on the 31/07/12 by Unit20