Number plate bulb warning light

stefoster

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recieved some led bulbs and fitted them, both number plate bulbs are working but my number plate light warning on the dash has come on!

Any ideas why?

Steve

I am new to Audi but were the bulbs canbus? T8rups on here sells them for around £5/£6 and do not flag up errors

These are the ones from T8ups, I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation as to why its happening..

Year of car helps to get you some advice/help, research the site also as this has been discussed a fair bit.

2009 59 plate black edition sportback

I've tried searching but no joy!

I read on my travels that they may need coding at 2009 if its a facelift? I could be wrong.

On a separate note... I have fitted the trups supplied bulbs and they are superb!! DRL's are brilliant as well!!

Certain years, newer ones have the possibility to code the led number plate lights yes, but needs a specific version of CE board & firmware installed in order for that coding to be accepted.

There's a topic about the cold weather making the bulb out light come on, happened to me so I put the OEMs back in, the others haven't really worked properly from day one for me. (2011 plate)

I got a bulb out warning on mine last weekend when I went out for dinner
with the wife. They were fine driving out there but after our meal the temperature
had gone down from about 4 degrees C to -2.5 degrees C and as soon as I started
the car I got the bulb warning, hopped out and checked and both were out.
Switched off ignition, back on again and they were fine again. Just a glitch I reckon.

It's driving me insane! I'm going to put the originals back in and see if its the led bulbs I put in!