2009 AUDI S3 ENGINE

aungkhins1988

Reaction score
Hello people I have an 2009 (58) audi s3 it requires a new engine as the bottom end has gone, the engine code is (gdla) but I can not find an engine anywhere with this engine code I can get a (bhz) bottom end and fit it too my head too make a good engine can anyone tell me if this is possible ? thx

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. I have moved this post into the correct section for you to be advise by one of the guys in here. Enoy the forum. :) x

Go to your profile page, below your name there is a list, choose posts or threads started and it will open up a list for you. :) x

It's a bit off topic but what happened to the engine to wreck the bottom end?

Before rebuilding you need to know what destroyed it to avoid similar problems again.

The bottom end on mine was stripped and rebuilt for extra torque and power but was essentially as good as new.

what happened was i was driving it, thrapping it redline 1st and 2nd, then the clutch started to vibrate loads my first thouht was flywheel, stripped it down and flywheel was a gona and was hitting bottom of block and the crank was floating about 5 mil, stripped it down and the thrust bearing was in pieces, and because there was so much movement it weared the bottom block, sent the crank of and they said its behind repair, but iv been told the bottom ends are the same on all s3s 56 on wards but just wanted to make sure the car has only covered 44k

This is the first time I heard anything bad about the S3 engine. Thought they was pretty much bulletproof until stg2?

yes i have owned a few audis s3s s lines and so on and never had no such problem pretty suprising to be honest

what happened was i was driving it, thrapping it redline 1st and 2nd, then the clutch started to vibrate loads my first thouht was flywheel, stripped it down and flywheel was a gona and was hitting bottom of block and the crank was floating about 5 mil, stripped it down and the thrust bearing was in pieces, and because there was so much movement it weared the bottom block, sent the crank of and they said its behind repair, but iv been told the bottom ends are the same on all s3s 56 on wards but just wanted to make sure the car has only covered 44k
So basically you were thrashing it,and the flywheel gave up,taking the crank etc with it.
I don't know who told you that all S3 bottom ends are the same,as bottom end failures on this engine are very uncommon,and you're the first I know who's managed to do it here.
The bottom end on mine has dealt with 480lbs of torque and track use with no problems at all,and I know a good number of people running similar setups without problems.
You need to find a tuner/engine builder who knows the engine and get them to source an S3 engine(there are usually at least a couple on ebay and similar),and get them to rebuild it properly.