8P3 S3 Oil change?

Ben S3 8P3

Reaction score
My S3 has done 22000 miles now (only 3000 from me driving) and before I bought it, it was sat around on a forecourt for nearly 6 months.

Since then, lets say Ive given it a good bit of driving. Should I think about topping up/fully changing the oil now? Its exactly 1/2 between max and min on the dip stick.

It was serviced not many miles before I bought it however by a main Audi dealer, will they have done an oil change?

Are there any maintenance issues with the S3 I should look out for now that im putting miles on it?

What is the best recommended grade of oil people prefer also?

Thanks,

Ben

Change oil and filter mate.
First chance I get when I've got a new motor is change the oil.
At least you know it's been done. It's been done correctly and the correct amount of oil is in it.

Reactions: steviedee
Standard oil change is 20k, but never ever leave that long on the S3 8P, 10k is more like it, some do 6K if they treasure there engine more than there missus lol.

But, if the dealer has done a service, check the book for what was changed, if it was only 4-5k ago then its really your choice, but as above, I would do a change, I'd also consider removing the spark plugs & checking the ends & if dirty maybe clean them up a bit as friends were fairly dirty.

If its not been changed its way overdue.

The flexible service interval and so called long life oil need to be looked at to be believed after anything like that mileage.

It looks like tar at that sort of distance and if you remap the car it should be changed maybe every 10 000 miles or less.

If its not been changed its way overdue.

The flexible service interval and so called long life oil need to be looked at to be believed after anything like that mileage.

It looks like tar at that sort of distance and if you remap the car it should be changed maybe every 10 000 miles or less.

I know that it has been serviced by Audi 3 times in total with their 175 point check or how ever many it is. Because originally Audi were selling it, and the garage I purchased from bought it from Audi.

So I would like to think it had been changed once. I think ill get the oil + filter done just incase and new iridium plugs.

Thanks for the replies guys

I have oil and filter changed every 5000 miles. It's fairly cheap. So why not :racer:

Rumour has it that I don't have a service book, its all on the Audi computer systems? Does this rumour sound legit? Will ring them up tomorrow anyway and see when it was last changed

Iv just been reading a thread about the 2.0TFSI being thirsty for oil. If it has been changed recently, would topping it up with some fresh oil be acceptable?

Iv just been reading a thread about the 2.0TFSI being thirsty for oil. If it has been changed recently, would topping it up with some fresh oil be acceptable?
Some are,and some aren't.....I would stick with the advice given,and change at least every 10 000 miles,and topup with the right quality synthetic in between.

Long life servicing sucks donkey ***!
I'd never buy a car that had been on long life servicing.
I do mine every year which equates to 6/7k.
£150 for the privilege from Audi right enough but worth it in the long run.

My S3 before I had it had services at 13K, 23K and then 33K when I bought it, even though the place I bought it from serviced it at 33K I still serviced it again at 35K for Oil and filter/New Sparks/Haldex and DSG Oil and filter.

I don't do many miles a year maybe 6-7K max but I will be servicing her again at 40K and every 5K after that, same again Oil/Filter and new sparks at the very least.

I have done nearly 3.5K since my last oil change and mine is also maybe a quarter/ 1/3rd above the min so I may top mine up with a quarter of a litre of Shells finest.

On those figures mine does seem to be quite thirsty yet within Audis 1ltr for every 1K miles

Wrong section, this is 8P you have an 8L.

Clearly Audi Australia wants to maximise their service dollar income as the S3 (and all other models AFAIK) here run on set 15,000km (9320 miles) or 12 month service intervals. There's no long life servicing.

However, my old 2004 Cooper S did run on a long life service model where the car itself told you when it needed an oil change. I think the longest distance I went between oil changes was 28,000kms. My MINI was generally fine as well.

I have done half service intervals on my S3 in the past, but not for the last 18 months or so while my house was being renovated and I had nowhere to carry out the work.

Personally I think audi oz are being sensible, leaving these engines to run 20k miles isnt good for them tbh, best to do every 10k to keep the internals in tip top condition.