I know there is a lot of threads on this but need some help with specifics. Really appreciate any help as im in NZ so cant get NHN to pop over unfortunately! Wrecked A3s are non existent here so am buying all parts out of the UK and Germany; therefore its essential I don't stuff up the part numbers. We are of course RHD here and with the exception of the speedo, the car is relatively identical to UK spec.
I have this:
I want this:
My questions are:
1. Double din cage: What part numbers will work, taking into account I want the 'hazard button strip' with the chrome strip top and bottom?
2. 'Chrome Hazard button strip': Is there anything I need to be aware of here? I noticed there is an airbag off switch which I presume would just be a dead button? Is there any plugs I need to change or wires that need to be spliced etc for the ESP and hazard switches? There seems to be a few variations/part numbers of this also.
3. Climate unit. I have purchased an 8P3 facelift climate so I can cannibalise the dials from it and im about to buy a double din pre facelift 8P2 unit. If I buy a pre facelift unit with the heated seat option (i don't have heated seats) can I use this unit with the heated seat buttons not functioning? The reason being I've found one thats nice and cheap.
4. Concert. I want one similar to this with chrome dials and prefer MP3. I have a concert single din with 10 speakers + sub so I must get the Concert double din, not the Chorus? I really have no use for an RNSE as I dont spend a lot of time in the car. Is there anything I need to be aware of when purchasing, obviously buying one with a code is essential?
I understand from another thread that NHN posted in that there will be an issue with radio reception. I can live with that if there isn't an easy/cheap fix. Is there any part numbers (perhaps an earlier model) of the above that will fit and avoid the reception issues?
Is a can gateway upgrade required to avoid battery drain and any errors? I know this is the case when putting a MK6 RCD310/510 into a MK5 Golf so wondered if this is the same with the A3?
Is there any plugs/wires that need to be changed to fit the above stereo to my existing (single din) loom/plugs?
5. Last but not least, I will be purchasing a FBMFSW in the near future (but after the double din conversion). I dont currently have a MFSW. Is there anything I need to do whilst I have the dash apart to allow for the buttons to be functional when I get around to this?