Do I have Bluetooth?

Gourlay1990

Reaction score
Hi folks,

i have an Audi a3 170 TDi. I was wondering if the Bluetooth module comes standard with car? I haven't checked under the seat yet but I thought I would ask before I check at the weekend. I have the double din standard head unit if that helps?

I appreciate any help,

Thanks

Best way is to turn car on and search for bluetooth devices with your phone.... I didnt know either till i did this!!

do you have a cradel in the arm rest or on the dash ?
have you tried to connect your phone ?

It's not standard. Best thing to do is search for it from your mobile to see if Audi UHV or similar appears.

I had a cradle on the dash for the 4s when I had it, I have now got the 5 but when I try to connect like I used to it doesn't work??

As you fitted the I4 cradle in dash, then it will have BT.

Ok just popped out and tried to connect via my phones Bluetooth but did not find any devices? I haven't got the cradle anymore could that be an issue?

Where was the cradle fitted, was it an audi accessory?

It was fitted to the left of the head unit on the dash. Yes it was an audi accessory and fitted by them.

So there is no dash bracket fitted into the dash still, sounds like it was aftermarket not genuine audi, so doubt its got oem bt.

You're way up there in Scotland iirc, havnt had chance to get up that way to install anything atm, otherwise I'd certainly be able to sort that for you.

There is a dash mount and it was an OEM audi iPhone 4/s cradle with part no. 8T0.051.435.F.

Show us a pic of the dash as it is it.