AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

mfsw guide? help please

Hi i have put a fbmfsw in my a3 replacing a 3 spoke non multi function wheel, i have tried to activate it using vagcom but it says coding is out of reach. After reading on the forum im guessing i need to change the squib/steering ring, does any one know what part number i will need the squib to be? Also do i need to change anything else? And is there a guide on here to upgrading a3 to mfsw because i have tried looking but havent managed to find anything, thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    More than likely it needs a "SLIP RING" wtf's a squib lol & also a steering module, so it will all need coding & calibrating which is a service I can offer if interested.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for reply, the guy who i purchased steering wheel from game me the slip ring with it, but he called it a squib! And also gave me the black box from the steering column, which i think is the steering module? How hard is it to code? I have vagcom but have only used it to follow guides on here!

1st Gear

Status
    NHN, as per my PM I sent you and also questions in threads i've asked, thought i'd try again here... just wondering if you would be interested in fitting/coding the same thing for me, I have a B7 '06 A4 Avant without a mfsw (which I really miss not having) how big a job is it (if you you undertake such a job) and how much roughly would it cost, I would buy the mfsw so other than that i.e your labour, and any other parts, like a squib for instance...lol what would the damage be? oh and also would I need to upgrade the head unit as at the moment I only have a concert.
    Thanks in advance
    Luke

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    PM, oh I do apologise, I will check them now as I dont recall seeing one from you, which threads have you asked me in?

I'll see if there's a PM there I missed & if so reply forthwith, apologies in advance if so.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by james1985 View Post
    Thanks for reply, the guy who i purchased steering wheel from game me the slip ring with it, but he called it a squib! And also gave me the black box from the steering column, which i think is the steering module? How hard is it to code? I have vagcom but have only used it to follow guides on here!
    Coding isnt to hard, just have to be careful removing old & fitting new as you could break parts easily unless you have some experience, if you cant resolve, the car will become a little bit of a problem steering until resolved, also the ignition/barrel wiring is under there & if you bend pins, break wires you're for a better word, fecked.

1st Gear

Status
    No need for the apology, can't remember which threads but would probably have been mfsw related and the PM i sent was about a week ago. It's not something that's majorly important but I do miss having one, even my old citroen xsara!(for my sins) had one. I just wondered if it something you'd do and if it was a big job? I've looked at buying a few from ebay but a lot of them don't come with air bags, to a certain extent i'd like to buy one from audi (for the airbag piece of mind side of it) but I can only imagine how much that would be!
    and excuse me for butting in on this thread !
    Last edited by Luke2.0tdi2006; 3rd February 2013 at 23:54.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hmmm doesnt sound good lol. I managed to fit and code kufatec leads for the xenons, is it much harder than that?
    If i take note of the part numbers tomorrow would you be able to advise me if they are the correct parts before i fit them?
    And any other advise on coding would be helpful thanks james.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Get part numbers 1st, then can offer advise.