Chris NottSky Insurance
    3rd Gear

Status

How to sort the rear suspension on my S3 ?

My 2011 S3 s/back has the Eibach sportline front springs and I run RS3 19' alloys and tyres, but I have noticed a couple of times that if I am really pressing on around a bend, the rear seems to almost 'slew' sidewards....almost feels like it is trying to rear-wheel steer.
    The tyres are the correct pressures which makes me think this is an inherent characteristic for this model , in which case what have others done to make the rear feel more planted in fast corners ?

The initial turn-in is great, it's just the transition at the rear from that point on.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    ARB upgrade.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Front and rear or just the rear ?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Rear is the easiest, so do this 1st, most arb's these days have adjustment holes to tighten things up more if need be.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

3rd Gear

Status
    Great advice as always....thanks for the quick response NHN

Rarely neutral

Status
    NHN has given you his customary good advice.....the S3 from stock understeers like mad,and is a bit wobbly,so the ARBs are the first thing to correct,followed by the rest of the suspension if that mod doesn't go far enough for you.
    A decent set of coilovers adds a lot as well(but more cost too),and allows a lot more adjustment.

JPK
    1st Gear

Status
    Consider the rear trailing arm spherical bearing upgrade from 034 Motorsport too. I have a well sorted A3 with H&R suspension and a Whiteline rear sway bar and whilst its a massive improvement on stock, the rear is a little floaty at speed. Im going to purchase these shortly.

Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearing Upgrade Kit, Volkswagen MkV/MkVI and Audi 8J/8P - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK View Post
    Consider the rear trailing arm spherical bearing upgrade from 034 Motorsport too. I have a well sorted A3 with H&R suspension and a Whiteline rear sway bar and whilst its a massive improvement on stock, the rear is a little floaty at speed. Im going to purchase these shortly.Rear Trailing Arm Spherical Bearing Upgrade Kit, Volkswagen MkV/MkVI and Audi 8J/8P - 034Motorsport | Performance Parts for Audi, Porsche, and Volkswagen
    I think the other things are worth doing first,but I've also had the Haldex controller uprated,and had the full Superpro fast road bush kit,and antilift kit fitted.....of all the upgrades,the ARBs and coilovers probably make the biggest single difference,but the others do help as well.

5th Gear

Status
    Do ARB front & back + anti lift kit you will not be disappointed!:D Just make sure you fit front soft and rear hard best combo and well worth the money.
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    ARB will dramatically improve the handling, along with coilovers as Alex mentioned, I'm going to fully polybush my car within the next month

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I think the other things are worth doing first,but I've also had the Haldex controller uprated,and had the full Superpro fast road bush kit,and antilift kit fitted.....of all the upgrades,the ARBs and coilovers probably make the biggest single difference,but the others do help as well.
    Do you use this GEN4 uprated HPA competitor controller Alex? Have read some good reviews about it and thinking to give it a go at some point later this year. Would it be worth it just for the road use?
    Be patient. English is tough.

Now:

61 Audi S3 BE S-Tronic Ibis White: Build Thread.
    / Black Edition pack (SatNav, Bluetooth) / Parking Sensors / Tinted windows / piano inlays and finish / Cruise Control / Interior light pack /
    /Mods: REVO Stage 2+: Revo Intake / Milltek Resonated TBE / LOBA HPFP/ GFB DV+ / Crystal Clear H11 FOGS / Black roof + spoiler vinyl wrap / H&R Anti-roll bars / Superpro ALK /

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDejavu View Post
    Do you use this GEN4 uprated HPA competitor controller Alex? Have read some good reviews about it and thinking to give it a go at some point later this year. Would it be worth it just for the road use?
    As far as I know it's actually Gen.2,with a switched controller.

I think it IS worth it,but it's not a huge difference,more of a subtle one,and certainly loads up the 4WD system quicker,and aids traction.