Backsides!

mandyray

Reaction score
I was just browsing through some older threads and noticed some pictures of trident21's A3 here which has got the Votex bodykit without the rear skirt. Looks really good which has now started me wondering whether I should leave the rear skirt off too (my A3 is on order).

What do you all think and has anyone got any rear photos for comparison?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

He also doesn't have the side skirts either.

We (me and Fifi) just ordered a metallic silver 2.0TDI S-Line Quattro with the exterior S-Line kit which looks very similar to Trident21s car!!

Can't wait.......spoke to the dealer today and he confirmed we should have the car by the end of October!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Have just added a sig so you can see what I'm getting. I'm hoping to get mine by the end of October too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Tyre pressure warning system? Wonder if that's retro fittable? I asked when I ordered mine, but the dealer said it wasn't available yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was having the exacts same thoughts after I placed my order for the full kit, in the end I decided to have the rear bumper aswell. Purely because, without the rear bumper... From the rear, er, your car looks no different to normal A3s.

On the downside, you have to fix up your exhaust tips too because they get eaten by the rear skirt.

Hmmm, thing is I quite like the rear as it is... I think. Incidentally does the TDi Sport not come with some sort of exhaust tips?

Also, I asked my insurer for a quote with the bodykit and it went up by about £200 - seems a bit steep! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Sline come with stainless steel tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure, I'm getting my S-line delivered next friday w/the full kit fitted so I'll know then

You're right, it does look pish /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif without - I like the rear skirt though so thanks for the pic. How much did you pay for the Powerflow trims if you don't mind me asking?

The A3 TDI S-Line does not come with stainless steel exhaust tips - mine only has the same turned-down twin exhaust that my A3 Sport had.

The trims aren't exactly trims, they're much better.

They remove the downturn shields and then weld the new pipes to the existing ones. That way you don't get the chance of them falling off, or some thieving chav havin' them away . They cost £100 including fitting and have got dealers all around the country.

The trims I went for were these @ 2 x 3 inch. I thought they might look a bit big to start with but they look just right.

Check out the Dealer Locator for more info, but for Shefield there's:

HAWLEYS TYRES AND EXHAUSTS
REAR 51-69 HOLME LANE
HILLsBOROUGH
SHEFFIELD
S6 4JP
Tel: 0114 2322676

&

HAWLEYS TYRES AND EXHAUSTS
MOTEC HOUSE, HOLBROOK GREEN
HOLBROOK IND EST
HALFWAY, SHEFFIELD
S20 3FE
Tel: 0114 2477774

The website does look a bit chav but the dealers are generally good independents.

[ QUOTE ]
Does the Sline come with stainless steel tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2.0T PETROL does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So mine will right booster, and thanks for the info Eeef I had a look at that site when you replied to the zorst thread

Went down to the Powerflow dealer today and they suggested the 3" trims which look like the same as yours Eeef or are yours 2.5"??

£70 inc VAT fitted which seems a great price but I'm a bit worried about my audi warranty. I asked audi but they wouldn't say yes or no - I think they were just trying to get me to go to them for the trims!

Can anyone tell me where I will stand if I go ahead with Powerflow? And what size would be best?

If my dealer tried to wangle out of a warranty claim because I've changed the tips of my exhausts I'd bend him over his desk and £uck him in the *** with them.

It isn't in their interest to try and get out of claims for silly little things like that. If you'd changed something major like the suspension and an arb broke then fair enough, they'd have grounds. But they want your repeat business so it's unlikely that they'd stiff. you.

Thanks so much Eeef! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I got the 3" aswell, if you're just changing the tips which is purely cosmetic I don't see any problem with warranty.

Make sure you get them staggered slightly too to follow the curve of the rear of the car.