S3 Tyres??

Roulston86

Reaction score
need to replace my front two tyres. whats the best to have... live in lincoln so roads are pretty sh*t so il need decent grip.

suggestions??

I'm using Bridgestone s001's on my 3.2 and so far so good. But if you do a search there have been lots of tyre threads all over the forum recently.

Continental Contisport 5s
Goodyear Eagle F1 Assym 2s

Both excellent tyres.

Yeah mate, do the search. :gun2:
Was thread on here few weeks back with all the answers you need.

I would like to know as well!

I have 4 bew falkens on my S3 from standard?!

Avoid OEM Bridgestone RE050s.
Rubbish IMO.
My fronts are knackered after just 9K miles and havent had a hard life.
Oh, and the grip is poor in the wet and in general so worst of both worlds.

Will probably go back to GY Assy F1.

cheers

I just put a Michelin primacy 3 on each corner and I'm very impressed. Great grip in dry or wet conditions and I never realised how tyres could make such a big difference to road noise until I got these. Very quiet indeed.

My S3 was in to the garage to get its new discs and pads and they did all the usual stuff like health check etc etc. I looked at what they had said about the Avon ZZ3's fitted. They've been on the car for about 6 months now and have covered about 6k miles and all 4 corners still have 6mm tread left on them.....Not bad

conti sport contact every time amazing grip and last well 25k still 4mm left!!

Bridgestone re050a are s***, can't wait till they have worn out. Gradually replacing them with conti sport 5's, much better

You need to drive harder mate! ;)

Smooth and progressive dude is better less wear & tear, its better to carry speed round a bend with a good line than take a bad line and have to batter the throttle & steering inputs which in turn will overload tyres, make you slower and get you over taken.:whip:

Ive have michelin primacy on all four corners for about 8k miles so far. Backs look like new, fronts about 2/3s worn. Very grippy in the dry, good enough in the wet too. Ill try the energy savers next time, they werent so good rated for the wet last time. If thats no good ill try khuma lol

Michelin PS3 for winter here,and not sure what's coing for this year when it brightens and warms up a bit.

May well give the Pilot Supersports a try,although I've got a set of R888s for summer as well.