S3 Hesitation between 3rd-6th gear and 3-4k rpm

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have done a search for this but can only find details for S3 8l.

Basically when i accelerate hard i get a hesitation which last about a split second but is noticeable. This occurs when in 3rd-6th gear and around 3k-4k rpm.

Below is a link of the exact issue im having:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/176719-s3-choking-hesitating.html

Do you guys think this can be fix by just replacing the spark plugs or is it something worse?

I have also just checked my service history and looks like the sparks plugs have never been replaced. The car has cover 33k miles.

Thanks

Ryan

Do you guys have any links of recommend parts?

Ill buy these tonight and see if this fixes it :)

My friends S3 had same issue, I swapped out his plugs & it fixed the issue.

Thanks, Im hoping it does fix it, because when i put my foot under its happening all the time :(

Hi Guys, Plugged in Vagcom tonight and saw that my car is miss firing on all cylinders :(

I have ordered a new set of spark plugs so should be here tomorrow. Really hope this fixes it.

Sounds like a plug issue to me as well. Failing that it may be coilpacks

Had this with my a3 it was missing on cylinder 2 started being intermittent but it became constant and same as yours under load. Changed plugs and all is well again :)

Thanks for the replies. When i first did the reading it was the second cylinder then after trying on load it started across the rest.

I did also change the coil pack on 2 just to be on the safe side although I did have mine all done under recall last year but figured I might as well as that was the cylinder misfiring

Is there a way to check if my car has had a recall for the coil pack?

Call audi they will be able to tell you from your vin worth checking as 4 arnt cheap!

Thanks. Ill give them a call tomorrow.

UPDATE

I changed my spark plugs today hoping it would solve the issue unfortunately. It did resolve the problem. I will be ringing Audi tomorrow to see if my car has been re-called for the coil packs.

I have a years Audi warranty, so hoping this issue should be fixed under that. I have fitted the revo air intake to my car. Do you think i should remove this before taking the car to Audi or you think they wont mind?

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Guys just been looking on the net.

And some sites suggest it could be bad fuel and when i think about it. It all started last time i filled up my tank.

Could this be the reason?

Thanks

Ryan

It could be. Siphon the tank maybe if you have loads left and put in some fresh fuel. Worth a try.

Yeah ive been using shell V power, but i think when i last filled up it was the end of the tank.

I will run the tank empty and see if this fixes it.

Be very careful, running it dry may dredge up the crap at the bottom of the tank & cause other issues like block fuel filter.

Oh ok thanks. What would you recommend doing?

Im waiting a phone call back from audi to see if my car was re-called for the coil pack.

Hi Guys, Been looking alittle more into this issue and i think i got it wrong at first.

After looking on videos on youtube i think my clutch is slipping as its doing this :

Is a cluch under audi warranty?

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly.....clutches are usually seen as wear items and may not be covered,but it IS worth giving it a fairly serious try.