Sky InsuranceBadger5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bootneck_max

Thread: A3 at amd Essex

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Just dropped my A3 2.0t quattro 06 off to amd Essex, to have the coilovers I just bought fitted (weitec hicon gt) so whilst its there, thought I may aswell get a miltek non resonated cat back fitted and remap!

Also have a new set of grooved rotors and tarox pads sitting in the boot, so asked for them to be fitted aswell! And for piece of mind having the timing belt and water pump replaced!

Looking forward to the results! Should be like day and night! I'll get pics of it lowered ASAP. Max

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Dropped mine off there this morning too. Nothing as exciting as that though. Just a service

Enjoy the extra performance mate.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDi S-Line 140CR 3DR | Full Leather S3 Dimple Heated Interior | Dual Zone Climate Control | Black Edition Grille | Black Edition Fog Light Grilles | Dension iPhone Kit | Heated Seat Retro-Fit | Titanium Alloy Refurb | Window Tints | Parrot Bluetooth

Plans
    Remap
    | Reverse Parking Sensors | Who Knows Where From There

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bootneck_max View Post
    Just dropped my A3 2.0t quattro 06 off to amd Essex, to have the coilovers I just bought fitted (weitec hicon gt) so whilst its there, thought I may aswell get a miltek non resonated cat back fitted and remap!

Also have a new set of grooved rotors and tarox pads sitting in the boot, so asked for them to be fitted aswell! And for piece of mind having the timing belt and water pump replaced!

Looking forward to the results! Should be like day and night! I'll get pics of it lowered ASAP. Max
    Well...you'll enjoy it,and the work will be properly done.

AMDTuning have done all of the work so far on mine,and a lot more to come this year.

S3 (8P)

Status
    Milltek and map will make a HUGE difference.
    Now:
    -MK2 Golf Gti 16V/VR6, Oak Green, Shrick, Intake, Decat, Kish Retrim, Lenso BSX..
    -BMW 335d Xdrive, Estoril Blue, fully loaded.

Before:
    S3 (8P), Ibis, DSG, Milltek, SHARK

BMW 320d M Sport
    S3 (8P), Sprint, REVO, H&R Springs, BBS CHs,

Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - REVO Stage1, Red.
    Golf MK5 GTi 20TFSI - Std, Shadow Blue
    Civic Type `R`
    Golf MK4 GTi 18T - 200bhp, MTM ECU, Forge DV
    Golf MK3 VR6 - Cat Back
    Corrado VR6 - JAMEX
    Corrado G60 - JAMEX, BRM Charger rebuild
    etc....

5th Gear

Status

A3 at amd Essex

It's gonna fly :-)
    A3 Sportback 2.0 TFSI S-Line Quattro Stage 1 Tune it up - Lowestoft Custom Remap- 6187 RPM developing 260 bhp 279lbs ft Akoya Silver, Roof rails, Black heated Vienna Leather, Bose upgrade, Bluetooth

Status
    Im sure Max is going to be grinning a lot when he gets his car back. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Yea on my way to pick it up now! Feel like a kid at Xmas!!

Status
    Yea on my way to pick it up now! Feel like a kid at Xmas!!
    Lol, im sure you will be grinning for weeks, we all look forward to hearing all about it, and of course we want
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

1st Gear

Status
    You enjoy mate. Will be a totally new beast. But do stage 2+ then start saving for even more. I would be rude not too lol.

1st Gear

Status
    Well then what's it go like then mate ?

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Wow, truly a different car, for starters the coilovers improve the ride and road noise was the first thing I noticed , a lot quieter and smoother!. And the power! Well it just pulls and pulls! 1st to 2nd to 3rd is fun time! A lot more responsive!

Amd have done a brilliant job, it's come out feeling a lot tighter, like a new car! But now I've had a taste, I'm gonna want more.....so turbo back exhaust, high pressure fuel pump and air induction kit are up next to take me to stage 2+, better start saving my penny's! ;-p ill get some pics of her lowered tomorrow!
    Sandra likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Wow, truly a different car, for starters the coilovers improve the ride and road noise was the first thing I noticed , a lot quieter and smoother!. And the power! Well it just pulls and pulls! 1st to 2nd to 3rd is fun time! A lot more responsive!

Amd have done a brilliant job, it's come out feeling a lot tighter, like a new car! But now I've had a taste, I'm gonna want more.....so turbo back exhaust, high pressure fuel pump and air induction kit are up next to take me to stage 2+, better start saving my penny's! ;-p ill get some pics of her lowered tomorrow!
    Thought you'd be pleased.

Enjoy it and go back for more.

Mine is in soon for some suspension and intake work and later on for a bigger turbo.

It's a slippery slope.

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Looking at some new wheels, thinking of going a bit different, I've seen a couple 8L a3 with these wheels, but not on the 8p shape. Thought it be a change to the usual bbs style, ( not that I don't like the bbs look, just fancy something different) what does everyone think? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360417846.482487.jpg

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Rarely neutral

Status
    Glad to see the bug is biting well.....how about these..?

S3 Pollution Plus+ Edition

Status
    Those are the sort of wheel you find on a 200SX or something like that.....I get where your coming from being different and all that but they simply dont go if im honest :-/

But hell, Stick some on, prove me wrong, i could be pleasantly surprised.

S3Alex's choice......yes please...
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,
    340bhp Mikes Ibis BE 2012 S3...

Rarely neutral

Status
    I'm just shamelessly pimping the rims that are going on mine soon....I'm not a fan of the ones that max has picked,but if he likes them,it's his car.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    I'm just shamelessly pimping the rims that are going on mine soon....I'm not a fan of the ones that max has picked,but if he likes them,it's his car.
    Lovely wheels....... stick to my rotors for now....until i obliterate them, still scuff free after 17k **touching a rather large block of wood**

The oversize bead on the tyres have save my balls countless times now, thank god the Conti 5's have this!!

Max's choices are t oo Jap-Style for me

But yup, each to their own, sure.
    2012 Ibis Black Edition S-tronic S3, 3 Door, Shark Stage 2, MTC Intake Kit, Powerflex Fast Road Dogbone Mount, Full Non Res Milltek Exhaust, Forge Development Intercooler + DV system,

Rarely neutral

Status
    I think some things you know will look OK without needing to see it first and others not,and I think I'd need to see the 5 spokes on someone's car first.

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

It is a big jump from the generic euro style, but I'm finding it really hard to shake the jap bug, seeing I came from a RX7! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360446857.298780.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360446896.163740.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360446953.697119.jpg and a little feature there in Japanese performance.

Status
    ah.. that explains your fetish then.

Used to be my favourite tuned car on the good old need for speed underground 2 on the PS2!!!

Awesome things!!

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Quote Originally Posted by mjr901 View Post
    ah.. that explains your fetish then.

Used to be my favourite tuned car on the good old need for speed underground 2 on the PS2!!!

Awesome things!!
    RX7 are timeless! I'll get another one when I can afford 2 cars! It was too thirsty to keep as a daily!! The power however was savage! Couldn't get enough of it! Sounded amazing, but was a death trap in the wet if you weren't carefull!

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360449876.890958.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360449940.725696.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360450004.840749.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360450037.829295.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1360450062.916790.jpg

There not the best quality pics, couldn't get the app to work on my iPad, so had to do it on the mrs laptop, and it was quick to take a pic of it! :-p

Rarely neutral

Status
    That looks a LOT better than I thought it would!....it may work pretty well.
    Mate of mine had an RX-8,and whilst it was a lovely looking car,all you heard was the oil and petrol consumption.....the thing just drank both.
    Turbocharged would be fun though.....wait until you get the bug for even more power in the Audi.

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    That looks a LOT better than I thought it would!....it may work pretty well.
    Mate of mine had an RX-8,and whilst it was a lovely looking car,all you heard was the oil and petrol consumption.....the thing just drank both.
    Turbocharged would be fun though.....wait until you get the bug for even more power in the Audi.
    Yea I think it really works, add a front splitter like the cupra r one, and a rear diffuser? And you've got a pretty menacing looking car! No sure if the 5 spoke or the 6 spoke looks better? Also if bronze or gun metal grey?

Rarely neutral

Status
    Yea I think it really works, add a front splitter like the cupra r one, and a rear diffuser? And you've got a pretty menacing looking car! No sure if the 5 spoke or the 6 spoke looks better? Also if bronze or gun metal grey?
    Thank you!
    Was it this splitter you meant?...... Cupspoiler.com: Audi A3 8P

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

To be honest that wasn't the splitter I was thinking of... But I like that a lot! A lot! Exactly what I'm after! Is there and rear diffusers like that?

Status
    As we're on the splitters, the splitter that fits the Cupra, does that fit facelift 8P cars?

Rarely neutral

Status
    As we're on the splitters, the splitter that fits the Cupra, does that fit facelift 8P cars?
    To be honest that wasn't the splitter I was thinking of... But I like that a lot! A lot! Exactly what I'm after! Is there and rear diffusers like that?
    I think this splitter is aimed at the A3 8P,but it should be easy to drop them an email and find out....as far as I know,they don't do diffusers.....maybe that's an idea for my carbon thread.

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Yea pretty sure the cupra r splitter clips straight on to the 8p shape?

Neutral

Status

A3 at amd Essex

Yea I think a carbon rear diffuser would be a really nice and aggressive touch!

Rarely neutral

Status
    Yea I think a carbon rear diffuser would be a really nice and aggressive touch!
    Pop your name and what you want down on this thread.... Carbon fibre panels....doors/tailgate/bonnet...any interest?