Rear Wiper stuck on!

Blacky165

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just noticed an annoying fault with my car (2005 A3 8P1 2.0L TDi DSG 3 Door) the rear wiper has developed a mind of it's own. Once you put it on, it stays on. I do however have control of the rear washer jet. The only way to stop the wiper is to put the car into park. But as soon as you drive off and put the wiper on, it stays on.

I've tried a few different configurations of wiper settings to try and regain control but it didn't help.

What would people suggest I check first?

Really appreciate your help.

I have a similar problem with mine, you probably need a new wiper motor (revised version E) can get them on ebay for £80, your best bet is to take the plastic panel off the inside of the boot and have a look to see if the washer fluid hose is leaking aswell, and you could disconnect wiring until sorted

Had the exact same problem on my 09 sportback. Water had got into the motor. Got a new motor off eBay from Lincoln Audi for £80 and fitted it myself only yesterday. All sorted now but it's a bit of bad design it seems. It's quite satisfying fixing it yourself though, it's made me think I should really do my own oil and air filters too.

Do a search, It's a common fault and been covered a million times!

What the others said - I had exact same problem. Make sure you get the right motor though - you do need the Audi one.

Thanks everyone. You were all correct. Just had a look at the motor and its soaked. It's also run inside my boot release catch and corroded the terminals a little - guess that explains why opening the boot sometimes took a few tries.

Anyway terminals cleaned and boot opens first time now. Will be getting revised wiper motor in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone that replied!