Extended Warrenty

JamesD

Reaction score
Still deliberating a purchase of an A3, waiting to get an TDi S-Line DSG for about £21K...wanted to ask if any of you clued up forum members know if Audi offer an extended warrenty once the 3 years is up, and if so how much does it cost.

Currently a 3 series owner and over £700p.a for the extended warrenty is high, I would not buy anything else for piece of mind.

Many Thanks in advance...

JD

[ QUOTE ]
Still deliberating a purchase of an A3, waiting to get an TDi S-Line DSG for about £21K...wanted to ask if any of you clued up forum members know if Audi offer an extended warrenty once the 3 years is up, and if so how much does it cost.

Currently a 3 series owner and over £700p.a for the extended warrenty is high, I would not buy anything else for piece of mind.

Many Thanks in advance...

JD

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, yes they do. Not sure of price though, but not £700pa.

Audi currently can't offer an extended warranty on any of their cars. This is due to utter incompetence on their part in not meeting the deadline to register with the FSA for the sale of insurance products. *** an organisation the size of Audi should have sorted this! When they finally do sort it I wouldn't expect it to be cheap. Before FSA legislation my Mrs Mini warranty was going to be £300 for a year, it is now £550. I will not be extending it. At that price it is lunacy!

audi offer a mondial warranty, and its based upon the size of the engine.

prices start at about £850 for 1 years all component cover.for anything upto 1.8 i think.

[ QUOTE ]

prices start at about £850 for 1 years all component cover.for anything upto 1.8 i think.

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems pricey, I am going to need to confirm this with a stealer, as I will keep the car for 3 years I like to know its covered properly....

Get them to throw in the warranty taking it to 3 years as a deal breaker.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, that has gone up in the last year or two then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As booster says you can't currently buy a VAG group warrenty. Although the reason he gave is different to the reason I heard...

J.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God, that has gone up in the last year or two then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh, it used to be £450, and its kinda doubled.....

I guess Audi products are not quite as reliable as the hype suggests. Then again, retailers such as Dixons ask for ridiculous premiums for insurance cover on items that are likely to last for a decade without any problems...unless it's a Dyson. Perhap it's just Audi doing the same. Although almost any little thing can result in a bill approaching a grand.