Replacement clutch - should I upgrade and remap at the same time?

Merx

Reaction score
Hi all,

Great forum! First time poster and I did check the other posts on clutches and flywheels but I didn't really get a clear picture, so here goes.

I've got a 2005 A3 2.0 TDI 138BHP (8P1) which is needing a new clutch at 92,000 miles. As I gather you're supposed to change the DMF at the same time my local garage has quoted £1050 for replacing the clutch and DMF with straight replacements. My question is: as I'm getting it replaced anyway and was considering a remap up to 170-180BHP, would it be in my interest to go with a upgraded clutch? I presume that as it's a diesel I wouldn't want to change to a single mass flywheel?

Lastly, I live near Bath. Where would you guys recommend I get the work done? I don't mind travelling a *little*.

Many thanks!

If you get it done now you wont have to pay labour twice if you were to get an uprated on fitted later down the line!

I'll get it done if I was u.

Thanks, from reading online it seems that just a Sachs replacement would be better?

Has anyone used Angel Tuning for their remap? I was thinking either them or just using a bluefin.

YES i have sachs dmf with a helix clutch to match .

Also remember the turbos on these are crap (technical term) so a remap may finish the turbo off,
Remap on this car makes a really good difference just bare the turbo in mind