iPod Connection

TJM22

Reaction score
Hi,

I am the new owner of a '56' A3 TDI 170 S Line and I LOVE it!

I have a couple of questions:

When playing the iPod is it meant to show up as a 'CD'? It seems to split itself up into 6 CD's with 30 tracks on each, is this normal?

Also are there any 'dock' type things so that my 3rd gen iPod nano doesnt just seem to hang there?

It has the BOSE system if that matters...

Thanks in advance

Yes as it uses the cd connecion for the ipod connectivity, its tbh crap, but was the 1st generation ipod connectivity systems for audi, but if you have no glovebox dock it could be aftermarket, like dension, any pics of the system?

​Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Any pics of the car. Have a read through the faqs threads, a lot of useful info in there. Enjoy the forum. :) x

I have the same in mine. it was fitted by audi.....just says "CD" all the time and my old ipod just hangs there.

Can anything be done to show up the playlists/song etc? Concert with BOSE as well

Thanks for the reply. It doesnt look aftermarket, it looks like it was there originally. I will try to get some pictures tomorrow
If it is like that then TBH it is a bit crap then really :(

Dension system shows up in the dis, but thats about it, only way to get something in oem head unit is to upgrade to mk2 rns-e & use ami, but we're talking £1k+

You have the same as mine mate. I will grab a picture as well. Wish it had the tune on it! No idea what I am playing haha. I have a separate ipod just for car though, apparantly in the manual it says you can get adaptors to fit other ipods into it... Mine fell out once when I went round a corner too fast