Aluminium pedals

Right fellas the prices are in for the DSG pedals.

Not a massive saving over the Vag -parts prices but at least they are within budget.

Accel Pedal and brake will be £53.99 +P&P I'm assuming they will be able to be sent via special next day delivery insured for £5.20 So the total is under £60.

For those that are interested still please let me know. To keep prices down I'd like to only accept cash either by direct bank transfer or cheque (direct transfer is easier for me!)

I can accept paypal but the charges would have to be passed onto yourselfs! As the items come boxed the packing is going to be next to nothing. I live in southampton and work in Basingstoke/Newbury and guildford so it would be possible for you to collect if you are local to any of those areas.

The manual pedal prices are still coming - hopefully....

J.

Count me in - I can pick up from Basingstoke or Guildford or services on the M3 (I'm J4a off the M3), so just drop me a pm when you're ready to take payment. Direct transfer is fine.

Cheers m8.

-Lou

Ok I also now have the prices for the manual pedals. The cost is slightly higher :- £2.78 more.

What I am going to do is order one set and make sure they fit and work ok before ordering for everyone!!!!!

J.

Oooooohh, just spotted this. I'm in for three pedals... manual car here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MB where abouts are you? PM if you want... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Doh, just noticed Southampton, ignore. I'll pick em up as only down in Poole if thats OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Just to keep you all informed I spoke to my supplier today and he has said he is hopeful I'll have my set of pedals by wednesday at the latest this week. As soon as I have then I'll try to fit them and if it's a goer I'll firm up the price of postage and get numbers etc.

Watch this space.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Just heard my pedals have arrived! hopefully I'll have a chance to collect them tonight.

J.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
e-needpics1.gif

There about 10 miles from my house, I was supposed to go and get them at the weekend but due to a house move and work I haven't had a chance.

I'll try my best to get this sorted this week I promise!

J.

Right had delivery of the first set of pedals this afternoon and have fitted them to my car. Nice easy job that takes all of 5 minutes to do. I'll do a quick how-to tomorrow when I have a few minutes listing what tools you need.

The pedals themselves weigh 730 grams so next day insured delivery is £5.35 so total cost will be £60, that leaves me £0.66 to cover the cost of bubble wrap and brown paper which I don't think is unreasonable.

What I'll do is give everyone a week to say yeah or neigh, as before I'd prefer direct bank transfer of cash on collection if you live local to southampton or basingstoke, although if anyone works in slough I can probabley arrange collection there as well as I am up there 2-3 times a week with work for the next few weeks. Cheque's are ok but I can't always get to a bank so it may take a few days...

I can accept paypal as well but you would have to cover the cost of paypal charges (3% plus what ever it is to transfer cash back, I think it might be free if it's over £50 though - I'd need to check)

Heres some pics of them fitted in my A3:

pedal1.jpg

pedal2.jpg

pedal3.jpg

Excellent job, cash on collect for me, manual car 3 pedals... PM if you want any info...

Got my RS's today :p excuse the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif pic...

rs4s.jpg

Dear Santa,

I have been avery god boy this, please could I have a set f Rs' please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Looking very good! Cupra, no problems COD is fine.

J.

MB, thanks for putting this together ;-)

I'd be in on a set, if there were a matching dead pedal. Apparently there isn't one yet, or am I wrong?

Nice wheels Cupra!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif unfortunatley no dead pedal that we know off. If you look at the link on the first page of this thread it shows the Gti doesn't have a shiny dead pedal either.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
MB, thanks for putting this together ;-)

I'd be in on a set, if there were a matching dead pedal. Apparently there isn't one yet, or am I wrong?

Nice wheels Cupra!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks mate. Will post some better ones up when I get a chance. Didn't realise until after I'd taken them that the camera was set for indoor nighttime hence poor quality /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bang.gif

Anyone got any new Golf R32 pics, bet thats got them on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DSG set for me too - pm bank details for direct transfer, and I'll send my address.

Cheers for sorting this GB btw - nice one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just how easy are they to fit?? How long did it take you and do you need any special tools or previous experience?

[ QUOTE ]
Just how easy are they to fit?? How long did it take you and do you need any special tools or previous experience?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wilko they are unfeasably easy to fit. You'l need a torque driver (I'll confirm size later on) and a couple of screwdrivers to lever the plastic clips on the old pedal. The old accel pedal then lifts off, unclip the cable and replace with the new one. Job done.

It litteraly takes 5 minutes to fit them both.

J.

[ QUOTE ]
Read the thread... its all here as posted previously.

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2194350

[/ QUOTE ]

The fitting on our cars is a little different, we do not have the plastic panel to remove at the back of the footwell. All you need to do is lift of the plastic cover on the accel pedal, unscrew the screw benenath it, unclip the 2 clips on the base of the pedal and replace.

Sorry didn't mean that post to come across quite so bluntly... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

for those of you that have ordered a set I'll post up a link to a spread sheet with username/paid etc on it later over the next couploe of days so people can just check that I haven't made a mistake!

J.