Bluetooth retrofit advise needed.

bertiebasset

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had my mfsw fitted and next on the list is oem bluetooth. I've purchased a second hand kit off ebay and have a couple of questions before I attempt it at the weekend.

My car is a 2007 56 plate 2.0 tdi s line with the symphony 2 I think (it's a 6 disk head unit)

This is the kit I've brought ebay link Its come with mic 8L1 862 373 A but I've read in a guide that I may need another part number if you've got bose which I have. Can anyone confirm this?

The guide I have is this one. It's for an A4 but I'm hoping it's the same. Could somebody advise that when installed do the settings in VCDS from this guide work with my A3?

Cheers

Damn thats an old module tbh, the mic shown seems to be the a4/a3 cab version as they're round sometimes, although some a4 cabs of late I've fitted bt too, have had the rectangular sockets, just remove the light assembly & see if you can mod that, to fit the actual mic inside the housing, into the area for the mic to sit.

If you prefer a pnp mic as such, then there are some on ebay, rectangular ones, same as this:

AUDI RNS-E ORIGINAL BLUETOOTH VOICE CONTROL SDS MICROPHONE MIC - A3 A4 A6 TT R8 | eBay

The mic is as in the listing, it's rectangular so hopefully it'll be ok. Does having bose make you need another mic as per the guide linked above?

Also can anyone confirm whether the VCDS setting used in the guide above will work for me?

Cheers

No, the mic shown in listing is round not rectangular.

Forget the bose mic, its irrelevant to the bt install.

I see now in the ebay listing, he's not sent me that one but the rectangular one. Going to give it a go over the weekend and see how I get one. It will be the VCDS settings which have me if anything as pretty new top all this.

That mic will fit mate, it is from an A4, but it will fit the A3 no probs, just need some thick double sided pad tape to hold in place.
You bought that kit from a guy called Robert in Ashford, I actually know him, and is a really nice fella.

You will be ok with that kit mate, he sometimes sells the kits and gets me to install them if in and around London.

Cheers for the info, good to know it will all fit ok. Just hoping I can get it all in ok and coded right. Might PM you if I get stuck anywhere if thats ok?

You shouldnt get stuck anywhere as its a pnp kit.