Jonathan's A3 TDi Thread.

Car looks good... pretty quick for a diesel, saw you messing with a clio sport at wakefield, recognised the number plate!

Cheers m8, and yeah got my **** wheels on atm with terrible tyres lol - absolute no traction what so ever!

And do you go up to Wakey everyweeked? Give me a shout if your there next weekend pal :icon_thumright:

Cheers m8, and yeah got my **** wheels on atm with terrible tyres lol - absolute no traction what so ever!

And do you go up to Wakey everyweeked? Give me a shout if your there next weekend pal :icon_thumright:

Im off next weekend, group i was with yesterday was an orange ST, blue STI, corsa VXR and a few others... i dont have an audi anymore got rid over a year ago, got a ltd edition peugeot 207 similar to the GTI but will say hello regardless (awaiting french hate)

Okay fella will keep an eye out for ya! And how come you got rid of Audi:O?

Well you probably wont miss me tbh, i went to the autodrome yesterday, then ponte, they wakie and didnt see another 207 lol.. was just an ST/RS day yesterday!

It had done 165k and was starting to cause me problems, wanted an S3 but couldnt afford it so bought the 207 which has been a good balance of performance and economy to date! Will say hello if i see you next sunday we all planning a convoy next week!

Bit of a update will get some pics up when i get home,

I have refurbed all the outer edges of the rotor alloys. All of the outer edges were stone chipped due to ****ty roads and some had signs of pitting. Also one was badly curbed all the way around when i had a little bump.

I was umming and arring on what to do for ages so thought feck it, and went at it with the sand paper.

Polished them down and got a nice finish with 1000grit. Applied some polish but it is so hard to polish aluminium as it oxidises pretty much instantly... so found best thing was to just slap loads of poorboys wheel sealant on.

They are looking sweet up to press, i am intrested to see how they look after they are washed.

Car was put up for sale on NYE :( all being well it is being collected on saturday. New owner is getting alot of car for his money!

My birthday is on Thursday, turn 22 so thought i would treat my self. Few pictures below, car needs a good machine polish and i need to invest in a camera lol

2jai2kk.jpg

30ucnxz.jpg

And my derv sulking because iv upgraded haha! I have to say i look @ the tdi and it does look well, but this S3 is un touched and will give me a nice blank canvas!

1sxkie.jpg

Will get some more pics up ASAP, in the mean time you will probably see me at my local Shell garage :kissmyrings:

Reactions: smurfworth
Very nice bud, born just before me, I'm 22 on Monday ha

Looks well, I guess you see what I mean about the s3 vs the TDi now ay

Good thread, nice cars both of them. Looking at getting my first A3 TDI on Wednesday all being well. It is a 170 black edition, I might concider a 're-map, did you ever have any problems regarding your tdi re-map,

Very nice bud, born just before me, I'm 22 on Monday ha

Looks well, I guess you see what I mean about the s3 vs the TDi now ay

Never, haha done well getting s3's before were 22 (Y)

And yeah, I have to admit though I miss the torque of my diesel. I feel the S3 really needs cranking up but when its up there its ace. Love the colour as well, iv always loved it and then when I saw your new motor it did the deal!

Where did you get your glass insert from for wiper delete? Think im going to try that on this car as apose to the rubber gromit.

Good thread, nice cars both of them. Looking at getting my first A3 TDI on Wednesday all being well. It is a 170 black edition, I might concider a 're-map, did you ever have any problems regarding your tdi re-map,

Thank you, yeah depending on redge will determine the engine. Up to 58 I think is PD engine and past 58 is CR. CR is a lot smoother and I cannot comment on what like after mapped but my PD went very well after DPF delete and map.

I would recommend getting DPF removed/gutted as that will give you a lovely noise for a diesel and I was more than happy with power gains. I never had any issues with my map, like all things buy cheap you buy twice. I would look @ getting a local forum sponsor to do your map, tbh I don't think ANY sponsor has had any bad maps, unlike these back street garages.

Keep us posted on what you end up doing matey and get lots of pictures :D

Gutted, just sat and read through all this to find out you're getting rid lol. You've certainly done well with the car in the time you've had it, looks really nice mate. Enjoy the s3, I'm looking forward to the thread for that.

If I were to get an S3 I'd definitely go for that colour. Nice one. You just need to go down the blue and black theme now, I've already tried to convince @smurfworth to do it in his thread!

Pretty sure I drove past your house a few weeks back as well, remembered what the drive looked like from the pics in this thread and your A3 was there haha.

Never, haha done well getting s3's before were 22 (Y)

And yeah, I have to admit though I miss the torque of my diesel. I feel the S3 really needs cranking up but when its up there its ace. Love the colour as well, iv always loved it and then when I saw your new motor it did the deal!

Where did you get your glass insert from for wiper delete? Think im going to try that on this car as apose to the rubber gromit.

Umm glacdegent.de or however you spell it

If I were to get an S3 I'd definitely go for that colour. Nice one. You just need to go down the blue and black theme now, I've already tried to convince @smurfworth to do it in his thread!

Pretty sure I drove past your house a few weeks back as well, remembered what the drive looked like from the pics in this thread and your A3 was there haha.

Yeahh won't happen lol, still think the silver grille looks much nicer with the blue than a black one. Too many sprint blue and black themed s3's on here as it is.

Gutted, just sat and read through all this to find out you're getting rid lol. You've certainly done well with the car in the time you've had it, looks really nice mate. Enjoy the s3, I'm looking forward to the thread for that.

Cheers pal, yeah im going to be sad to see her go - but i have to say the S3 is in a totally different league!

Yeah colour is beaut! and im still un decisive on what to do, i want to avoid black wheels tbh - maybe anthracite lol

You should of called in for a brew lol!

Umm glacdegent.de or however you spell it

Yeahh won't happen lol, still think the silver grille looks much nicer with the blue than a black one. Too many sprint blue and black themed s3's on here as it is.

Cheers pal will have a look now :thumbs up:

What a nice treat. How many miles do you do? I would love an S3, but it would be a financial suicide with the amount of miles I do.

What a nice treat. How many miles do you do? I would love an S3, but it would be a financial suicide with the amount of miles I do.

Thank you, and it varies but i will be spending a hell of alot more money on fuel!

Got car booked in this weekend for windows tinting, will get some pics up after and hopefully will be with a better camera :thumbs up:

Just a quick one did u run spacers on your old tdi? Just liking what you did to her I'm after doing similar stuff to mine

Just a quick one did u run spacers on your old tdi? Just liking what you did to her I'm after doing similar stuff to mine

Nope no spacers, I couldn't tell you info on the alloys as iv forgot lol. I think that was you on FB other day? You will be best messaging new owner and asking him to have a look on back of alloys if you want details :icon thumright:

Just spent an hour reading this thread and hats off to u mate, your TDI looked sexy as **** and kudos to all the elbow grease you put into it! Im doing bits and bobs to mine, Plastidipped all the chrome on the outside of the car, my rs6 rims are black for the winter and am definitely going to do the rear view mirror after seeing yours! waiting to get the rest of the bits to put in my LED bixenons then next stop will be a leather seat upgrade and lowering springs (not too keen on splashing out on coilys) LED plate lights and interior and last thing will be the private plate :)

Reactions: Jonathaan
Thank you mate, yeah a lot of time and money went into the TDi - the new keeper has got himself a lovely car for the money!

Saying that the money is already flowing into the S3 :kissmyrings:

I was gonna say I dread to think of how much money you spent on both cars!

Couple of questions Jonny

1. How did you get the mirror off?
2. How did you paint the stem black?? Surely that bit is bonded to the screen?

Couple of questions Jonny

1. How did you get the mirror off?
2. How did you paint the stem black?? Surely that bit is bonded to the screen?

With great difficulty lol, broke my screen the first time doing it. Basically I wouldn't try and remove the mirror from the base, leave it attached. And if you look at your base there is x2 flats on either side. All it needs is a quarter turn anti clockwise and it will release from the windscreen. Once it is off you can remove the mirror from base plate with ease.

With great difficulty lol, broke my screen the first time doing it. Basically I wouldn't try and remove the mirror from the base, leave it attached. And if you look at your base there is x2 flats on either side. All it needs is a quarter turn anti clockwise and it will release from the windscreen. Once it is off you can remove the mirror from base plate with ease.
LMAO! I had a feeling thats how you cracked it! That must have hurt! So I'll just mask off the entire interior and spray the base still attached to the windscreen lol Nice one, I'll give the the twist and release a try tomorrow AFTER my MOT lol thanks for the advice matey! might pick ur brain again for a few other mods in the future if u don't mind as u seem to know what ur doing

Here we go with a few more pictures,
Window tints done, 5% on back, 50% on sides and 20% on front I think.

Sorted the induction side of things: MTC silicone hoses from his eBay shop - very helpful was Matt.

ITG Filter to go with the hoses:

Installed:

No Jubilee was supplied with the filter nor the kit so had to buy one of those, once i bought one i straightened up the filter and tightened everything up.

Previous owner must have replaced a lamp in rear light as it was full of water and when I removed door the seal was kinked. I straightened out the seal and attempted to dry out the light:

After only having it a few weeks I spilt protein all over the inside! Now has a banana essence in the front haha!

I then bought a full milltek TBE with sports cat and auto tech internals for my HPFP from @cam87 Bit of polishing and they were like new again!

Getting the ****** fit!

Wipers were shot so bought some replacements, whilst changing them I wasn't paying attention as you can see I took old one of and replaced then put the old one back on the other side!

Cheeky one:

Prepped car ready for DA'ing but then it got really windy so all I could do was sit and look @ her :(

Had a issue with the car aerial not working and when she was younger she had a new rear screen under warrenty so I got car scanned and it was showing x2 faults to do with aerial and tbh I was unsure what to do so I figured it would be cheaper and easier to just make my own.

Once new aerial was made up I just tucked it behind head unit and pulled it through near pedals and tucked it into the centre console trim. it now functions 100% and I don't looks any channels lol.
De badged, de wipered and fit led number plate lights to my mates new motor:

Reactions: leshkin
Coming along well mate. Just for your info, I had the exact same issue with my rear left tail light letting in water. The thing is it was me that actually replaced the reversing bulb for a CREE LED variant (so possibly previous owner done same thing as reverse light output is rubbish). Now I took great care (or so I thought) to make sure the seal was in the correct place again but yet it still let in water. Wasnt for a good few months afterwards rite enough.

Ive now upgraded to the MY11 rear lights so that cured that problem lol.

Looking well mate, how you enjoying the milltek?

Always wanted to tint the front windows slightly but never wanted to run the risk of being made to pull them off. Looks so much nicer than just the rear 3

Cheers @s3_trev Ahhh that is interesting, I will have to double check that. And im half tempted to fetch the MY11's for mine but not sure how they will look on sprint blue, might tint these and see how they look before buying new ones :thumbs up:

Reactions: s3_trev
@smurfworth Yeah the Milltek is a nice piece of kit - the guy I got to fit it usually doesn't deal with Millteks due to the bad patch they went through as it gave him a bit of a headache! After fitting mine he was shocked how good the welds looked and the fitment was bang on.

Sound is nice, I must say I think regardless of exhaust the majority of the S3's sound very similar with a TBE on - but no disputing yours will be a lot louder on full bore :o.k:

Yeah I was in same position regarding windows but I have had them on last few motors without issues, price of window tints aswel these days you can get 2 fronts done for £50-£75 :busted cop:

Bit of an update, been getting all ready for 2+ which im getting done this Saturday, cannot ****** wait! Few pics below.

Clutch kit I bought, and coupled with a new OEM DMF after reading that's what majority use.

Trail fitted RS3 style spoiler to my mates SB;

Peron cooler from Alex @ AKS along with new cam follower and RS4 valve ready to be fit with the internals :D

Clutch fit @ Darkside Developments

Cooler and all other bits fit by Craig at CR Motor Sport.

Oil ready for next service;

Cold air feed to air filter;

Will be taking some more pics on Saturday whilst im with Rick getting the map done :D :D

Someone's been busy spending, bet the cooler looks subtle.

How you getting on with ur clutch now bud?

haha oh aye, right hole in pocket lol!

And yeah big thanks to your re-assurance over FB regarding clutch! It now seems to feel a lot better and is driveable. Can now set off with no gas and just use clutch. The pedal is still firm but have got used to it now and feels normal.

I just hope I didn't make wrong choice, as I think a single mass would have been better suited.

You manage to get internals sorted for yours?