Hate people who can't open their doors properly!!!!

Morells

Reaction score
As you all know the snow has been here and now the rain well I only took the S3 out once in the snow and then parked it up in the garage safe then it rained so the snow was no longer so started to use it for my normal trips. Well today it was dry so I washed my car to get the filth off and took 3 and a half hours of washing,drying, cleaning inside under the Bonnet so basically a big clean very OCD as well haha. Then when I had finished I took a step back to admire my hard work when I noticed in the corner of my eye the light was bending in a weird way on the door and I bet you can all guess what was there. The drivers door has a small car park dent and I was furious, I mean how hard is it to open your door and not hit the car next to you??? Not very :mad: just wanted to vent some anger on here sorry for my rant but I'm sooooo annoyed as I will see it every time now since its on the drivers door :crying:

Its a dent, relax, get dent magician to remove, job done.

Depends on the dent location, extent etc, allot less than a paint job :)

Its a dent, relax, get dent magician to remove, job done.

i know its not a major thing, compared to someone been involved in an accident etc, but we all work hard to pay for our cars and look after them well, only for some chav mother with about 8 kids to come park next to you and open their door into your pride and joy, people dont have respect for one anothers things nowadays, (god i sound old) lol

It's common. People don't have any consideration for other people's things. ****** me off too but what can you do!

Reactions: Nicki
Dont get me wrong, I have had this, but until tesco's etc start making bays wider & with door guards etc then what can we do, even if we park in a poxy open area with sweet fa near us, they all crowd round you like a fly to shxt, cretins really are.

Count yourself lucky if was a small one. My mum had her drivers side door done in Tesco last month and cost her £416 to get repaired!

Are the doors not double skinned... Makes it hard for paintless dent removal... Sure they'd be able to do it but may cost a little more...

hate people not being considerate when parking...

This is one of my pet hates. Just Pi**es me off when people just slams there door into yours to get into their car.

The worst is when i enter a car park and park the car as far as possible away from the shops where no other cars are and all the surrounding spaces are empty. Yet some git feels the need to park right up next to me when there are hundreds of empty spaces around me. I have one annoying chip on my drivers door which isnt bad but because i have noticed it, it bothers me all the time. will need to sort it out later.

One of my parking tactics is if there are only tight spaces in a car park, then i will look for two premium type cars to park in between ie Audi,Merc,BMW etc. lol (knowing they dont want dents in theres as much as we dont). But you're stuffed if one of them leaves and a inconsiderate individual takes its place.

Last edited:
I had one cheeky b!tch open her door into mine whilst I was sitting in my car. She then promptly laughed and walked away. Needless to say, "someone(not sure who, must of happened while i was shopping:meeting:)" thought it right to give her a shiny new racing stripe down the side.

It really boils my ****, just shows a complete lack of respect for other peoples property.

Reactions: 210_MIH
This is the reason I now park in parent and child bays, or over 2 spaces at the quiet side of the car park.

Reactions: Tay
I had one cheeky b!tch open her door into mine whilst I was sitting in my car. She then promptly laughed and walked away.

It really boils my ****, just shows a complete lack of respect for other peoples property.

I carry spare brake fluid for such events. Jab a hole in the bottom of it and leave it on their roof/bonnet*

*heehee not really but it annoys me that people are so dumb/nasty.

cost her £416 to get repaired!

:blink: Ouch!

I always park as far away from the doors to the supermarket as possible, in the hope that no one will park near me. Usually works, although you do sometimes get the person who insists on parking right next to you even though you're the only car parked in a stretch of 20-30 bays. :uhm:

I'm one of those annoying swines who parks miles away from the entrance - like that episode of The Simpsons when Homer parks so far away from work it's right by his house. I then quite selfishly take two spaces, thinking it doesn't matter because there are tonnes of other spaces around. But then I'm nervous about people scratching the car on purpose...

I then quite selfishly take two spaces, thinking it doesn't matter because there are tonnes of other spaces around. But then I'm nervous about people scratching the car on purpose...

You see, that annoys me too and your asking for someone to do something to your car.

People who can't park and end up just touching the white line or going over it to leave next to no space for the car beside annoy me too.

Dont get me wrong, I have had this, but until tesco's etc start making bays wider & with door guards etc then what can we do, even if we park in a poxy open area with sweet fa near us, they all crowd round you like a fly to shxt, cretins really are.

How about shopping at tesco online instead :)

if i see people parking like ******* what i tend to do is take a photo of their number plate and leave a sign on their car , stating if i find a ding ill will claim it and give the insurance company ur plate... i also tend to pull their wipers up , to give them a hard time for being so fooking lazzy!!!! as it doesn't take much to park like a human being....

i also live in an apartment building with a mazda 3 and diahatsu near me they both know not to mess with my car as i will knock on their door in a rather ****** off manner; but yes it just sucks i dont even take the car to the mall anymore partly as i live within a 10 min walking distance, and as stated before shav mother with there hideous vans park up close to you and bash the car

This is one of my pet hates. Just Pi**es me off when people just slams there door into yours to get into their car.

The worst is when i enter a car park and park the car as far as possible away from the shops where no other cars are and all the surrounding spaces are empty. Yet some git feels the need to park right up next to me when there are hundreds of empty spaces around me. I have one annoying chip on my drivers door which isnt bad but because i have noticed it, it bothers me all the time. will need to sort it out later.

One of my parking tactics is if there are only tight spaces in a car park, then i will look for two premium type cars to park in between ie Audi,Merc,BMW etc. lol (knowing they dont want dents in theres as much as we dont). But you're stuffed if one of them leaves and a inconsiderate individual takes its place.

Exactly what I do....when you park...look into the car next to you and make sure theres no baby seats etc in the back! Ive got a small dent on my drivers door from some inconsiderate person who obviously doesnt have respect for other peoples property

I usually park in two spaces where possible, to many peoples dislike :ninja: car is dent free though! :icon_thumright:

Lot of tactics to parking, but I dont like the parking over two spaces. I can see why people do it (well people with nice cars anyway) but it really winds me up.
Id say your more likely to get a key ran down it like that

Id say your more likely to get a key ran down it like that

With that mindset, no wonder the worlds like it is, keying a car because they straddle 2 parking bays, wtf.

Reactions: George29
With that mindset, no wonder the worlds like it is, keying a car because they straddle 2 parking bays, wtf.

Agreed. I wouldnt do it in a really busy car park, i just park as far away as possible.

Exactly what I do....when you park...look into the car next to you and make sure theres no baby seats etc in the back!

I have a baby seat in the back and I'm perfectly skilled at not touching others doors. I do prefer the parent and child option, but when it's not available I always end up with a typical school run 4x4 parked so close I can't even get in my door.
That is my absolute pet hate (followed by old people parking in a parent and child space when there are about 50 free disabled spaces - which I may have recently had an argument a pensioner about as he nearly ran us over trying to park but that's a whole different topic).

Its a dent, relax,

You must be joking! I'd be fuming, and would take me a good week to start 'relaxing'!
Ok I know 'it's just a dent' but like previously said, we all take pride in our motors and having no respect for 'peoples pride and joys' by whacking your door on the car next to you is out of order! IMO deserves juddermans brake fluid trick...lol
I have a baby seat in my car and three kids but i'm like a chauffeur when I park, I go and open the door for the kids in case they hit someone elses car as I would hate it done to me. there's no excuse for that level of disrespect.

People key cars, ive got a key mark all the way across my drivers door. Its a despicable thing to do I'm just saying parking inconsiderately is giving someone an excuse to do it. Id rather avoid it.

My new tactic is that I use my wifes Ford Fusion to go to the shops in, useful to have a car you don't really care about :D

Often park in the parent areas... Don't have any kids though :whistle2:

Not good. You want to try having to get your kids out of your car without touching anyone else's. one kid is easy, two is difficult to say the least as you have to leave one virtually unattended which is not advised. Quite simply I care more about my kids than mine or anyone else's car. Not that I intentionally want to damage anyone's car but its just getting harder and harder due to other inconsiderate drivers parking in wrong bays, cars getting wider, spaces not being big enough nowadays and quite frankly a poor standard of parking in general.

Reactions: Zak0123 and Jameze
Defensive parking is the solution,straddle two spaces away from any cars or park on the end of a row.
I have read of incidences with people keying cars because of parking but would love to read one of the driver catching the keyer.

Reactions: richmcveigh
Haven't seen a photo of this but wondering if the good old hair dryer and compressed air method would work on the dent... depends if it is a really sharp one though.

On a serious note though, I tend not to park next to a 3 door car as the doors are bigger and need to be opened wider to get in

We had a couple of Egyptians in the office for some training the other week and when I took the guys round to Tesco to get some lunch the guy sitting in the passenger side just threw my door into the car beside me and then got out, closed the door like nothing had happened and started to walk into the shop. It was a proper WTF!? minute or two, just stood staring at him. Luckily, no damage on either car (must have hit right on the bump strip) but still. I can't believe how little respect some people have for others' property.

As for scratching/keying a car because it's taking up 2 spaces... no excuse, even if in the middle of a busy car park. If anything, you can make the most of it and park up against the line and give yourself more space.

If the councils, supermarkets etc kept up with the times they would realise everything is getting bigger except the parking spaces, this would make this less common.
I recently had an elderly gentleman decide he didn't like the side of my A6 in a tesco carpark........... thankfully witnessed. It cost him/his insurance closed to £6000.

Many people just seem to have no respect.