Broken the accelerator plug :(

Biggy

Reaction score
I've pulled a few wires out the accelerator plug trying to get the damn thing off, is there anyway of fixing it, or is it new plug jobbie?

Also after I took the carpet out, I noticed the passenger side footwell was a little damp, is there a grommet that's been leaking water? It seems to be coming from up behind the dash

Have you pulled them out as a whole or broken the wires aswell?

I believe I've broken the wires, as there's bare wire showing, do they go into pins in the plug?

Oh dear, it will need repair wires soldered onto ends to fit into the plug, which if you broke, this will need replacing.

Would it be easier to get a plug from a scrap yard and solder it on?

Ok ignore that :slapped:

have you got the repair wire part number, and by any chance know which wire goes where?

Connections 4,5 & 6 have come out, and the coloured wires are brown and blue, grey and blue, white and blue.

Thanks

Well you could reuse the plug, but you need the correct pin removal tools & if you wanted to use a new plug you still need to remove the good wires/pins to refit in new, so cut all.

The wires are 0.35 x 5 & 0.5 x 1, so you can use 0.5 for all & the wires are 000979025E about £5 each, I suggest buying 3, cut in half, solder/heatshrink all 6 wires again so you have some slack in looms, brown/blue is pin 6, grey/blue is 5 & white/blue is 4.

There's a thanks button bottom left of posts :)