Which Panel Air Filter to go for? Pipercross or ITG Audi A3 3.2 V6

Stev_A3

Reaction score
Hi, which panel air filter would be best for my Audi A3 3.2 V6? Im stuck between Pipercross PP1683 or ITG WB-665. What do you guys recommend? I know these wont do a great deal but im after something a little bit better than OE.Thanks.

Stock filters are very good tbh fella, have you done any research on the matter as yet?

thanks for the reply, The OE one fitted is a Mann and it looks very recent. I did some research last night but found more info on the MK5 R32 going for the Pipercross mainly due to the price difference (pipercross approx £34/ITG approx £50). If the ITG panel is better I would go for that. I owned a ZR 160 vvc for 3 with an ITG and was happy with it.

TBH some real world tests of filters would be good, I know they did some over on tdiclub of stock & aftermarket, they found stock was as good if not better than aftermarkets.

I've got the pipercross on mine and fitted a 3" feed from one of the fog light grills at the same time. Probably a bit of a placebo, but it does feel a little more responsive.

OEM filter is recommended over and over again to be the best filter there is. This has come up so many times now I can't believe these AM companies still make money from their panel filters!