Gutted

danone182

Reaction score
If your having a bad day, just think it could be worse, you could be me! :sob:
CrashCrash 1
Next time I'll go that extra bit slower in the snow!

Agreed, bumper and wing... Not too bad. Could well have been a lot worse and hopefully a learning experience (albeit a pricey one)...

Ouch. Feel your pain. It happened to me in the rain last year.

Hopefully it's just cosmetic but if its like mine there was quite a bit of damage behind the scenes - How fast were you going?

Looks like you've avoided damaging the DRL headlight? If so, good news as they are expensive as you probably know.

If it helps, i've got the fog grilles available but you'll probably get a new bumper complete with fog grilles anyway.

Hope it's not too costly buddy

Thanks for sharing my pain! haa. Was only doing about 20-25 mph in that snow on friday night, went to take a right hand bend but the car slid stait on in to a nice big wooden post! The damage I can see its done is Bumper, Headlight bracket snaped, wing, small dent on the sill oh and that front wheel shouldn't be facing that way neither, the other wheel's got a slight lock on to the right, the steering arm is bent (alot) too! Do you know how long It could be before I get it back-ish?? Never been in this situation before!!

Looks like you've avoided damaging the DRL headlight? If so, good news as they are expensive as you probably know.

If it helps, i've got the fog grilles available but you'll probably get a new bumper complete with fog grilles anyway.

Hope it's not too costly buddy
Cheers mate! They come to take the car today to get repaired, Going through the insurance so hope it comes back exactly how it was before I crashed it!

Gutted for you mate. But you were not hurt and a car can be fixed.

My Bi-Xenon looked ok but had to get a replacement due to a cracked mounting arm and noticed the lense had a bit missing :(

My car was out of action for about 3 weeks but I was very picky on the repair job and made sure every stage was completed to my satisfaction. To be fair, it looked better than new.

Here is my thread about it all - Does actually have some info you might find useful.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/146180-new-mod-not-planned.html

Unfortunately I didn't go through my insurance as I would have lost all my No Claims. Had to pay out of my own pocket.

Ouch, I feel your pain bro.

I slid into a kerb a week and a half a go, did exactly the same as you, turned the wheel right but the car decided it didn't want to. Took a chunk out of the alloy, but hopefully nothing else. But, I am being paranoid and I think there is something off with the steering :(

Just had my car back this afternoon, and I'm one happy chap! Looks just like the day I picked it up from Audi. There was about £4900 worth of damage which the insurance will be taking the Bill! It had't to have a new wing, bonnet respray, headlight, bumper, wheel and some steering components!:yahoo:

Last edited: